openvpn setup

Well I have found the standard Linux tun adapter folder and put it in /lib/modules/3.6.0/kernel/drivers/net and the box still works. Now to find out how to get it running.

I've now got openvpn running but not connecting to the vpn server, got to be something to do with the config and password files. Still it feels like I might be getting somewhere

Think you might be right. I'm using ACEVPN Ultmate account which works brilliantly with windows, but the Client.conf files are causing the box to hang on reboot. I will look for a free openvpn account to try and see how it gets on with that.

Starting to wonder if it's being blocked by the router. never had any router issues with Be*, but you can't turn off the firewall on this pile of junk.

not so sure about them i have got a bt home hub i could see if it works on mine have to tell me exactly what to do mind

sure, no problem.

---------- Post Merged at 07:34 PM ----------

Thinking about it, I doubt that it's the router as the computers have no problems running acevpn.
Think it has to be the non-standard way the vix image implements openvpn files. Normally you will have a couple of certificate files, a couple of key files, a password file and an ovpn file. Vix seems to expect a pass.txt (username and password file) and a single config file which must be named Client.conf and seems to consist of the ovpn file, both crt files and both key files all in one. I have tried editing them into a single file, but must be making a mistake somewhere as openvpn connects and runs but will not authenticate my use details. Will just have to look again at it in depth and persevere.
I will add the tun folder into the downloads section with instructions on how to install it.

Update!
I still can't get openvpn to work and have decided to order a tomato router (easier than messing around). However I have now found out how to alter the proxy settings for 1channel,watchseries,Icefilms etc.

Steps needed are:
1) Press Plugins button on remote. press red button and navigate to extensions TSmedia 7.5 and uninstall. Then go back to the plugins panel press green navigate to extensions and install TSmedia 4.6.
2) My box hung at this point and had to be rebooted.
3) Press Plugins button and select TSpanel got to addons select TunisiaSat addons and install TSmedia 7.4 full version.
4) REboot box again.
5) using DCC use ftp to edit the file /etc/TSmedia/proxy_links

For 1channel change www.primewire.ag to your own proxy link as suggested earlier in this thread.

6) Exit DCC
7) Press Plugins button on remote. Select TSmedia start 1channel movies use the Blue settings button to bring up the settings menu click on the primewire.ag link and it will now change and say Proxy2

If you have set up your proxy correctly it will now work!

I got it running, but I set up my own proxy site as described in the link you sent me. As I said, I had to downgrade TSmedia to version 7.4 because there is a bug in 7.5 which stops proxies from working. However, while all the programs show up in the list, when you click on one only a fraction of the links available on the xbmc version show up and the majority are unable to resolve. There is also no search facility, which makes it a real pain to navigate, so I won't be unhooking my pc from the telly any time soon.

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 PM ----------

My mistake, I have found the search menu.

ok Dumbguy i just looked at the link i originally sent you cant seem to find the 2 files you need to download any chance you could uplaod them?

Back