Phoenix hd 850

I just did a full factory reset as I tended to do that every so often just to refreshing things. I've encountered the same issue as many on here (nearest ID is Carlise and when I do select it I lose plenty of channels). I should have read the forum first, however hindsight is a great thing.

Has anyone had any success at all? I've tried all the workarounds described without any joy. I'm also in what would have been the Uddingston area but last few updates I've done have been either Edinburgh or Falkirk.

I've got an A850.

Don't beat yourself up about it mate, despite what others may say the majority of folk would have done the same thing as factory resetting the box never caused any issues in the past and it's debatable that it's even related to the missing netid problem. I'd certainly done it numerous times without any problems.

I've been asking about on a few forums and there's a few theories but no solutions at present I'm afraid. Previously when Uddingston disappeared it then re-appeared (with another 7 missing netids) and I and other folk managed to pick it up after factory resetting and rescanning as normal with none of the workarounds (adding frequencies etc). Some have mentioned it might be superhub related but I'm not sure as the hub isn't connected when I'm scanning, unless it can "lock" or "hide" the netid even when its not connected. Who knows. Personally I think it has to do with the firmware and scanning process on the a850 as it is different to the a780 which has no issues.

If I were you i'd just keep factory resetting and rescanning. You might notice that you get a different number of netids each time (I noticed this in the past) and it might reappear.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

try scanning late at night from direct feed as dont you remember when that box would not online update?

forgot to add try removing attenuators before scanning.

Last edited:
It's just gone from bad to worse, I now get loss of sound every 10-15 seconds for about .5 of a second.

Also I can't rescan over the top of my current channels, I have to reset to factory settings first.

Well it doesn't rain but it pours, now in the evening between 6-7, all my non HD movie channels go but then reappear next day no issues.

The HD Channels work except from the one showing the Star Wars films on a constant loop.

Back