Please help with wifi settings

I can help you tomorrow ( it is my mission to sort this) , I can't use the box at the moment herself is watching crap , if the box shows wireless in network settings it's finding the dongle, if you can see wireless network scan (or something similar, the box sees the dongle)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much yes it's showing wireless network and I made it default but when I goto search networks available it don't show any networks available. But thank you so much for your help. I have to walk my dog now and would be happy to give you.my mobile number if that would help us lol. But thank you so so much

Ok 1st restart router, wait a few mins, remove dongle, power off box (white button on the back) , insert dongle in back, turn on from white button on the back, try a wireless scan

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try a Ethernet cable or homeplugs m8.wifi isnt great to much to interfet with dignal in some houses such has steel beam and even other electrical devices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i followed everyones steps and no joy up untill 20 mins ago i put dongle in back the set up leads and started the box after boot i went through the motion got to wireless network search and horay all different networks came up so connected to my network and entered the wpa key pressed ok and it went back to the search networks page it never said connected to network so i remembered that someone said restart network the press and hold standby button and restart the box after this it said failed to connect to internet/network in the left hand of the screen so i went into the search networks part again and no networks showing so went into the adapter settings and its showing my network in the ssid and has my network pass key. im losing the will to live over this ha ha

i followed everyones steps and no joy up untill 20 mins ago i put dongle in back the set up leads and started the box after boot i went through the motion got to wireless network search and horay all different networks came up so connected to my network and entered the wpa key pressed ok and it went back to the search networks page it never said connected to network so i remembered that someone said restart network the press and hold standby button and restart the box after this it said failed to connect to internet/network in the left hand of the screen so i went into the search networks part again and no networks showing so went into the adapter settings and its showing my network in the ssid and has my network pass key. im losing the will to live over this ha ha
Do a network test to test

wlan says connected
wireless network disconnected
dhcp enabled
ip address unconfirmed
nameserver unconfirmed

theres a tick at the side of wlan connection and a tick at side of dhcp no ticks inboxes in any of the rest of boxes

Back