Poor iptv

On the whole, I have found it's poor and i've tried several over the last year.

I've been nothing but impressed with IPTV. I miss the 7 day epg i had with CS but iptv gets me all the UK and US channels i want as well as video on demand when there's nothing to watch on 500 odd channels.

You can have the fasted bb and iptv will still be the same delayed freezing pixelated blank screens on certain channels there's too many resellers who take money and don't give a donkeys leg about what the service they provide is like that's just my opinion

Forgive me but i've found that 99% of people who rate IPTV are resellers trying to make a quick buck.

That may be true. But i'm in the 1%, i'm not a reseller and won't even give anyone the name of my providers. The service from my providers have both been great (the latest provider better than the last for tv channels but not as great for VOD)

Have to agree i tried 8 and were next to useless and yes i have fiber to the house 92 meg or so blah blah, iptv is imo only just worth having no epg ,recording and imo its only gonna get worse as the young ones Youtube how to set up sell and iptv , but hey cant blame anyone out there trying to make some money

That may be true. But i'm in the 1%, i'm not a reseller and won't even give anyone the name of my providers. The service from my providers have both been great (the latest provider better than the last for tv channels but not as great for VOD)

Totally agree, I get all the UK channels, USA channels, VOD, 7 day EPG, 7 day catchup on all channels and all for £10 a month.......yeah I get the odd problem, but literally once in a while......compared to the prices that Sly want, what's to lose. People who are having issues need to do their research on it, I had trials from numerous people until I found the one I am with now. If you want the type of service that you get from Sly or Virmin then there is your answer go to Sly or Virmin and pay their extortionate prices.

Totally agree, I get all the UK channels, USA channels, VOD, 7 day EPG, 7 day catchup on all channels and all for £10 a month.......yeah I get the odd problem, but literally once in a while......compared to the prices that Sly want, what's to lose. People who are having issues need to do their research on it, I had trials from numerous people until I found the one I am with now. If you want the type of service that you get from Sly or Virmin then there is your answer go to Sly or Virmin and pay their extortionate prices.
i don't get a 7 day epg but i'm not overly worried about that, an app on my phone can tell me what is on and when for channels that won't fully display. As long as i get to watch the channel is the main thing!
Also it's great that at least one of the ESPN channels shows one of the 30 for 30 documentaries at any time.

One of the biggest issues I have with IPTV servers is providers who don't sort the channels in groups, it's not that hard to do, a huge long list of over 400 channels is crazy.

I know I can organise them myself but as new feeds are added or changed I'll need to update the groups each time.

The ideal IPTV server for me would have groups in the same order as sly and obviously no/little freezing, don't think they exist though.

Mine are sorted too well if anything - got groups for sly sports, bt sports, other sports (premier sports, eir sports), club channels, entertainment, movies, music etc. For both UK and US

Back