Possible Dead Cloud iBox 4 with Red Led light on constant

Irwin85

PLEASE HELP!!!

Ive had my Cloud ibox 4 about a week now an got it all working as I wanted apart from the EPG. It came with openPLi installed and cool guide. I deleted cool guide and changed the skin over to frankinsky by fraggle and this all worked ok. I ran a system update and the box came up with a screen that said it was updating and would restart when done. I left it do its thing for say 10 minutes an it restarted fine. I watched about 40 minutes of tv before going out. As I left the house I just turned of the tv with the remote, came back an hour later to find a red led light on the front of the box and a blank screen when I turned the tv back on.

If it updated and worked fine then why would I get this random problem and now I cannot reflash as the usb stick port seems dead, the Ethernet port green lights are on constant, not flashing so no data transfer either.

HELP HELP HELP........have I fcukd up and bricked my new toy???

well with clones you will get more and more sorry to say,its only when the saying pay cheap pay thrice realalise hits home.

Try a kington usb stick to flash the box before you put it in the bin, sometimes the cheaper usb,s give up the ghost too.

If you only had it a week send it back. get your money back you still have rights.

Last edited:
If it is a constant red light it is normally a firmware issue. are you sure you have not put an original image on the box. for £195.00 you could of bought a vu duo from world of sat. what were you thinking?
r

easy they dont want an original box that can use any image,have autobouquetmaker and 7 day epg with massive support,buy clone boxes=which image dilemna and no software online updates,then buy another box.think the only way is to let them brick the boxes and find out error of their ways.always said research before you buy but falls on deaf ears.

I think the cloud ibox range are good. Especially revised version.
they have not and will not be releasing the ibox 4 as too many clones of the ibox. (So what you have bought is a ripoff box using cloud ibox name)
So I would return straight away and spend 70 on a zgemma star 2s.
my two cents :)

That's the make usb im using buddy, I like to use one that flashes as its doing its thing :) I know the usb stick works fine, flashed many a ibox2 with it! Ill email the guy tomorrow an see what he has to say or if he can help at all. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 AM ----------

If it is a constant red light it is normally a firmware issue. are you sure you have not put an original image on the box. for £195.00 you could of bought a vu duo from world of sat. what were you thinking?
r
all ive done is delete the cool man guide from the plugins menu to replace with another at a later date then run the system update and watched tv again when it came back on after the restart. Then when I came back in about an hour later the red light was waiting for me!

Whats the name of the folder you are using to load onto usb as flash?

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 AM ----------

And are u using a permanent usb in box formatted and setup with swapfile and epg to /hdd?

if there is a second usb in box remove it,i forgot and wondered why my duo did not take the flash and setup from scratch again,hope you saved your line info.

At the root of my usb I have the folder 'vuplus' then a sub folder 'duo' and this contains both kernel and root file only.

The box has a 1Tb internal HHD! (Hence the price tag!!)

Why are u using vu image on ibox?

(Sorry dont know anything about these)

Is that what ibox 4 labels itself as?

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 AM ----------

Unfortunately the hdd prob only cost £40

if there is a second usb in box remove it,i forgot and wondered why my duo did not take the flash and setup from scratch again,hope you saved your line info.

There is a second USB port that was in use while it was working but only with a wifi dongle. work perfectly too!! But like I said in the first post, the both USB ports appear to be dead and the fan on top does not even start!

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 AM ----------

This is the folder structure in the zip file I downloaded from vupluhd.net. doesn't seam to like it though. Ive used the 'cloudix' folder for the ibox 2+ and ibox2+ SE but this is my first ibox 4.....and may well be my last lol.

You live and learn :/

There is a second USB port that was in use while it was working but only with a wifi dongle. work perfectly too!! But like I said in the first post, the both USB ports appear to be dead and the fan on top does not even start!

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 AM ----------

This is the folder structure in the zip file I downloaded from vupluhd.net. doesn't seam to like it though. Ive used the 'cloudix' folder for the ibox 2+ and ibox2+ SE but this is my first ibox 4.....and may well be my last lol.

You live and learn :/

If the fan doesnt power up it doesnt sound good. Do u remember did it normally start the fan when power turned on? Or did it take a few secs?

I cant remember if it always started straight away or not but i've had the box turned on in its red led state for an hour this afternoon. Box itself got quite warm but no fan!

hence now the question is ,has the chip been wiped clean,maybe contact seller and say your box is dead only red light.

Back