Possible Dead Cloud iBox 4 with Red Led light on constant

Im off to bed now, these boxes are slowly starting to take over my life lol

Thanks for all your advice and input. I tried just using the 'cloudix' file at root but still nothing! Ill contact supplier in the morning and ask nicely for help, advice, files, testing....anything!!

Ill let you know if I find a solution or what supplier says.

Night people!!

Got in contact with supplier and has sent me what looks like a backup folder. Ill try tonight as soon as i get in but im not holding my breath as the usb port doesnt seem to respond to anything.

The best fix for that is that low level format tool on pc. Should 'fix' usb.
Just be sure to FULL format using the tool then FULL format again with windows.

I am almost sure you have to flash these backup images using a j-tag board

Should be ok with usb as long as its a proper backup folder. Just tell us the format of the backup he sent you.

But again ive never had my hands on one of them so mike could be right

hey mate any luck with this,... im stuck with same issue. I have tried all the available flashes via usb and its still on red light...doesn't ready any of the usb sto take the flash to start with so im wondering if there was anything else we can try?

Low level format wont work cos its not the usb stick but the usb deive in the box. Flash with a j-tag may be the only answer now but ive swnt it back for a replacement. U can flash them like any normal cloud ibox though. For the short time it worked then it worked well an ill be happy with a replacement but if you have the exact same problem then ask if you can send it back if you havnt had it long mate.

only had it a a few hours mate but this came from china... the manufacturer looking into it they said but im not sure ...It did crash twice sshowing a green screen tbh... but I was a fool and while doing the settings I clicked on software update which I believe could be the cause im not sure as im very new to this , but saying that it did work and picked up a lot of channels from the sat and stuff ...... very disappointed tbh...

If you did a software update then its likely you crashed it by filling up the internal memory set aside for its running software. I wouldnt hold your breath if you got it from china sorry to say. May have been a good idea to play around with a few cheaper ones first i think!

very possible that has happened as it started taking channels from both its tuners and it had like 2000 channels and counting obv doubled up and the soft upgrade I have read should never be done on these as they are never orginal boxes....doom man....I was so looking forward to ditching my freeview box and moving to this.... what a waste...

Yeah cos there clones then they dont support all the updates. You sjould only update if needed an from a clone safe source! Dont be scared to ask quwstions mate. Thats how we all learn :)
There great boxes though when setup an used right. Get a cheaper cloud ibox2 plus for around £70 an put the code in yourself with tutorials found on this an other forums. Can record onto a usb stick up to 32gb. All the uk sat channels in SD and BT sport HD.

I was trying to get the twin tuner cos i miss the slybox too much, well until the maker of the box gets in touch i shall wait and see if not i may just get another different twin tuner that runs enigma2 as it was well bette than the freeview software faster too

Ive worked on loads of cloud ibox 2 plus and the new SE models. For the money there well worth it and will recomend to anyone interested. I had a dodgy box that my supplier is sorting out for me. I havnt bricked it! These forums are supposed to be helpful, informative and friendly so no need for comments that are not!

I was trying to get the twin tuner cos i miss the slybox too much, well until the maker of the box gets in touch i shall wait and see if not i may just get another different twin tuner that runs enigma2 as it was well bette than the freeview software faster too

For twin tuner id highly recommend the zgrmma star 2s from same people make the iboxs. Theyve really upped the build quality and remotes with these. Twin sat tuner. (External usb/hdd record)

Last edited:
There is a fix for your box however it is quite detailed and you will need some equipment in order to do so. I will try and do a guide within the next couple of days.

Back