Prevent EPL block

no supplier will tell you either how its done
They will tell you mate.
They will say if you sell online it will get a block if it falls into the wrong hands.
Dont understand any other way.

If details have been released and made public to those that purchased how can they prevent it?

(just not good to create a myth)

Last edited:
epl block is your server dose not use a dns thats why u get blocked
Also domain.

Mr Murdoch is killing weeds from the root now.
Again and again i say it.
You can not create a myth about “how they avoid block”!!
If details have been issued to the gods above... VPN will be required shortly after.
(maybe worse)
This has been proven time and time.

Viewing on 28.2°e C/S?
Viewing on vermin C/S?

And now suppliers wont say how they dont get blocked. LOL

Method to madness is.... DONT BE FOOKING GREEDY.
:wink:

got northing to do with mcdock lol its your server lol
Maybe you missed the point.

Reference to Mr murdoch is reference to the top of the empire that is going after this setup now in return avoiding theft of content he owns and share holders.

Look back to post #6

Sky X: When is Sky without a dish coming to the UK?

virgin have done it with there v6 now its sky next to go same way

but u have iptv thats what there doing now lol
Im getting lost in this thread.
Thread title is.....
“prevent EPL block”

I posted my opinion to avoid block is not to advertise.
The link to sly going the route of no dishes has been well known for awhile now.
What has that to do with “preventing EPL block”??

Other than another way of sourcing content.

no the server has a proxy from your provider thats what lets u watch it so u dont need a vpn
The end user needs a VPN to prevent the big ISPs blocking the streams. The servers do NOT get blocked and function without any issues.... the ISP blocks reported streams that most likely has been picked up by giving domain details away from those selling online. Hiding behind CDN or AWS can not prevent it.

Can you explain in a bit more detail about “server has a proxy” ?
Do you mean AWS or CDN?

One of the ISP and rights-holders basic tools of censorship and blocking is manipulating their own DNS servers.
Whilst I have no wish to hi-jack this thread, would anyone care to discuss implementing DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS ??
The main-stream ISP's are crapping themselves over this at the moment and I for one have no qualms about kicking the b@$t@d$ when they are down or on the way down.

Regarding DNS. I run a DoH proxy (cloudflared) on my Raspberry Pi with Pi-hole (ad-blocking). So all my DNS settings point to that local IP. Encrypts all DNS queries with Https and blocks ads too :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Regarding DNS. I run a DoH proxy (cloudflared) on my Raspberry Pi with Pi-hole (ad-blocking). So all my DNS settings point to that local IP. Encrypts all DNS queries with Https and blocks ads too :LOL::LOL::LOL:
That sounds sweet - - - - Pi's are so versatile.
I use a very similar setup running on a server box (not a Pi though) running on Ubuntu Server, and like you using Cloudflare.
As I don't use any of the main-stream big-6 ISP's at home I don't tend to suffer from any issues of blocking or censorship from my ISP at least, but on my portable devices (all Linux based) I tend to use DNS over TLS at device level; for me it's kind of a matter of principle.

When I saw this thread the other day it kind of made me think 'what would it take to implement DoH or DoT on say and Enigma2 box', hence my comment above.

There also appears to be a move towards implementing DoH from within applications, effectively over-riding the device's network settings and any other things on the LAN (like your and my local server solution or the default router). Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I have played with Firefox's settings to enable it (also using Cloudflare) and the performance is I have to say very good.

I general, the idea of sending as much of my traffic as possible well encrypted has to be a good thing IMHO. I know that this is not perhaps a perfect solution, but if Snowden taught us anything it's that the man has a great deal of difficulty when it comes to well encrypted traffic, and to bundle-up as much as you can in with all of the other port 443 traffic is therefore probably a good thing. In turn, if the man wants to get his hands on it then he's going to have to spend and sweat allot of resources and time on the job, hopefully rendering the perceived value received as being of a low order.

Yeah, the ISPs hate us encrypting our DNS queries but I doubt there will be much they can do about it in the long run. I do it mainly because Vodafone intercepts DNS queries, so even if you have specified another DNS, they override it. Not having that, plus their DNS is shit and goes slow occasionally which is hugely annoying.

I use Firefox with Cloudflare DNS on my Android devices but for use at home, I must admit I prefer the solution using the Pi, plus the Ad-Blocking is useful.

I've just set the DNS to point at my Pi in my routers DHCP settings, so me plus anyone else who uses my WiFi gets encrypted DNS.

So far, I've had no issues with IPTV blocks anyway even without DoH but you never know what's just around the corner so anything you can do to make it harder for the authorities to track you has to be good.

I also use Nord VPN a lot :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
Back