Question regarding nline

Post101

I'm changing from cline to nline, in softcam setup I can see CCcam 2.3.0 active.

How do I change these setting to take an nline, cloud ibox 2 not se version.

Any help much appreciated

thanks

Hi mate, search a few threads down as plenty of advice on this for another user. Sucmnsee and other's provided the steps.

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ----------

Doh, my bad, sorry mate -read your psot wrong and thought you were going from N to C, and not other way round.

Anyhow, you can download mgcamd file from Downloads section (posted by Sucmnsee)

This needs to be FTP'd to usr/var/keys

Think Sucmnsee also as a 'dummy, mewcamd.list file. Just put your lines details in that file, beginning with CWS (remove the'N' from your details)

Also make sure the mg.cfg file is also in usr/var/keys

If stuck, I and other forum members will guide you

Hi thanks for the reply, yeah I looked at all previous posts but still a little confused.
Apart changing to MGcamd in softcams is there any other steps I need to follow?

i know to to ftp the line into the ect file, it's just the settings in softcam I'm confused about

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ----------

My line provider just sent me an nline file, how to I edit it?

any examples of before and after
thanks

The line needs to go into var/keys , not etc, if you are using mgcamd , make sure you see mgcamd in your cams section on image and make sure to srat it and have autostart selected. Also you need to delete CCCam and also ccam.cfg (after you take a copy of your line for use in newcamd.list file) from your box otherwise it may conflict with mgcamd

Steps are in the downloads files provided by Sucmnsee and credit also to Mike123 for his input on mgcamd advice -helped us all out

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ----------

Here are the files for VIX image from Sucmnsee - all instructions included

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=484

---------- Post Merged at 03:04 PM ----------

Your 'N' line needs to go into a newcamd.list file if using mgcamd

To edit the newcamd.list file used Notepad++ (which you'll need to download from internet)

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ----------

If you want and trust me lol - you can send me your line details and I wll create a newcamd.list file if you're stuck.

No probs, but if you're struggling with mgcamd and creating the newcamd.list file I can still help you out. Then test everything at your place before handing to relative

---------- Post Merged at 04:33 PM ----------

Did you get it all sorted?

I can't put the file on the box until I set it up in my uncles house?

My provider sent me newcamd.list file and everything that you said about editing seems to be done already, so correct me if I'm wrong here.

1: delete cccam file and cccam.cfg
2: download mg.cfg and ftp it to usr/var/keys
3: ftp newcamd.list to usr/var/key
4: select MGcamd in softcams, select start then auto start

is this the correct process?

thanks again

Yes. Spot on. Just done exactly the same thing myself. Worked perfectly. If not started press green for start/stop

Last edited:
I can't put the file on the box until I set it up in my uncles house?

My provider sent me newcamd.list file and everything that you said about editing seems to be done already, so correct me if I'm wrong here.

1: delete cccam file and cccam.cfg
2: download mg.cfg and ftp it to usr/var/keys
3: ftp newcamd.list to usr/var/key
4: select MGcamd in softcams, select start then auto start

is this the correct process?

thanks again

Yes, correct process. You can connect it your house before bringing it to your uncles. Problems arise if the line was being used at same time in two different homes, so you're fine to test at yours

Did you delete CCcam also, along with the CCcam.cfg file? Also need to reboot box. If you are usin VIX image the only Cam you should see active is mgcamd. Check in

Menu
Setup
Softccam/CI
Softcam Manager

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ----------

If you have no CCcam.cfg file in the etc folder and you have rebooted box then the channels will broadcast through the newcamd.list file in var/keys

rebooted and channels gone now, I installed MGcamd 1.35a and dropped mynewcamd.list into usr/keys and saying no config file?
also no auto start option

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ----------

cccam.cfg was the only one I could find to delete

forgot to put mg.cgg into usr/keys, just did it there but still nothing.
newcamd.list and mg.cfg both in usr/keys now

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ----------

line is saying active after softcam restart but no channels

After you put mg.cfg into var/keys then reboot box. Anytime you FTP a file over to box always reboot

---------- Post Merged at 07:37 PM ----------

Make sure the letter 'N' (before your line details) is not in your newcamd.list file. Needs to be CWS and then line details (without the 'N')

ok I'm nearly there guys, rebooted and channels are on but my irish channels are not working now.
any ideas

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 PM ----------

I think the problem is with my line, I only have sky uk entertainment working and nothing else

Are any paid channels clearing? Try Ch 106 (SLY 1) If it clears than the line is working. Did you do a rescan of channels?

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

You're provider may not be offering Irish channels like setanta etc

---------- Post Merged at 08:11 PM ----------

Is SLY Sports worling?

None of the sports channels are working, only sky entertainment uk is up and running.
Yeah did a rescan and made sure auto bouquets were ok

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 PM ----------

Any reason why I'm not seeing auto start in MGcamd?

Back