Random IPTV freezing

With Virgin media the tool you want to disable is WEBSAFE. To do this please follow these steps.

1. 1. Register or sign in at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia with your primary my virgin media username and password.
  2. 2. Click on MY APPS
  3. 3. Click on OVERVIEW
  4. 4. Turn both VIRUS SAFE and CHILDSAFE off.

1. However, I have just noticed that someone else has already advised you of this, so you may have already done it.

Who is your ISP? Blockers are things like parental controls etc, if you can telll me who your ISP is I can tell you what you need to disable.
Hi mate can you help me out my provider says I need to reflash my box because every time I watch a channel it freezer after about 10 seconds is this true?

Hi mate can you help me out my provider says I need to reflash my box because every time I watch a channel it freezer after about 10 seconds is this true?

Absolute rubbish. If it's freezing on every channel then you need to look at internet, memory on box, how much rubbish is on the box and provider.

I suppose you could reflash and see but to me that's an excuse.

Have you tried another provider? Have you disabled isp blockers? What box and build are you using?

Alright mate I'm on wooshbuild 6 in with Plusnet internet seems to be working fine it only freezes on iptv channels where do I find all the rubbish and get rid of it the p's for your help mate

Alright mate I'm on wooshbuild 6 in with Plusnet internet seems to be working fine it only freezes on iptv channels where do I find all the rubbish and get rid of it the p's for your help mate

Ok in terms of isp switch off any parental controls/kid safe settings etc. Then go into plugins and delete anything not needed......media player.....picture player etc, just keep the minimum that you need.

Ensure cacheflush is set to maximum 20480 and run every 5 mins.

Reset router and box.

Finally get some trials for iptv....sounds like your supplier is poor and just making excuses.

I'm running wb6 and my iptv is perfect.....i get a slight freeze maybe once a week if that.....pm me if you want supplier details.

Final thing. A lot of people are saying that upgrade to atv 6.1 makes a huge difference to iptv....cant comment myself as wb6 runs my service perfectly! My supplier works via putty script not sure what yours does but I found that xc plugin was awful if you are using that.

At least get a trial off my guys I highly rate them.

I get the odd freeze recently so going to remove picture player doesn't happen that often tho I have never touched cacheflush isn't it already configured on wb 6?

Dt99 could u pm me your supplier thanks

I only have have the wb6 default my supplier iptv updater.

I have 115mb of flash memory free and ram look fine

I get the odd freeze recently so going to remove picture player doesn't happen that often tho I have never touched cacheflush isn't it already configured on wb 6?

Dt99 could u pm me your supplier thanks

I only have have the wb6 default my supplier iptv updater.

I have 115mb of flash memory free and ram look fine

Cacheflush is already setup on wb6. I just deleted the plugins I don't need so all I have now is wbconfig, epg importer, abm and movie organiser.

I will pm you now with iptv provider.

Ok in terms of isp switch off any parental controls/kid safe settings etc. Then go into plugins and delete anything not needed......media player.....picture player etc, just keep the minimum that you need.

Ensure cacheflush is set to maximum 20480 and run every 5 mins.

Reset router and box.

Finally get some trials for iptv....sounds like your supplier is poor and just making excuses.

I'm running wb6 and my iptv is perfect.....i get a slight freeze maybe once a week if that.....pm me if you want supplier details.

Final thing. A lot of people are saying that upgrade to atv 6.1 makes a huge difference to iptv....cant comment myself as wb6 runs my service perfectly! My supplier works via putty script not sure what yours does but I found that xc plugin was awful if you are using that.

At least get a trial off my guys I highly rate them.
Hi mate I'd appreciate a few more tips on what I need and don't need on my zgemma h2s with wooshbuild v6 and a 500gb ex hard drive even though I can't record anything from my supplier, I've tried the supplier on laptop browser and no freezing at all but I do get it on wooshbuild v6 occasionally, many thanks

Hi mate I'd appreciate a few more tips on what I need and don't need on my zgemma h2s with wooshbuild v6 and a 500gb ex hard drive even though I can't record anything from my supplier, I've tried the supplier on laptop browser and no freezing at all but I do get it on wooshbuild v6 occasionally, many thanks

All I have done is remove all the plugins that I don't need, so things like Picture Player, Media Player, I also removed anything else like Picons, Skins......so all I have is ABM, EPG Import, Cacheflush.....the bare minimum that I need.

Also, disable things like timeshift, make sure Cacheflush runs every 5 minutes.

If ever I get freezing on my H2s its due to my supplier, which doesn't happen very often.......if a channel freezes I can guarantee that there will be a notice on their FB page to advise about it. The only problem I have is sometimes that channels are slow to change, but my supplier has said that this is due to how the channels are coded to work on H2s......doesn't bother me at all, I'm literally talking seconds for the channel to start.

People have said that Open ATV 6.1 runs IPTV better, so I have recently switched to this, so I now have the bare minimum on my box, seems fine so far, but I had no problems on WB6, so its hard to comment on the difference at this stage.

Main things to consider are keep your box to a minimum, don't take up too much memory on it, make sure ISP blockers are switched off, but provider is the main thing......you need a decent one. I have recommended mine to so many people, I get so many PM each day asking, but if anyone is expecting 100% service 100% of the time they are mistaken.....it's not Sly.

All I have done is remove all the plugins that I don't need, so things like Picture Player, Media Player, I also removed anything else like Picons, Skins......so all I have is ABM, EPG Import, Cacheflush.....the bare minimum that I need.

Also, disable things like timeshift, make sure Cacheflush runs every 5 minutes.

If ever I get freezing on my H2s its due to my supplier, which doesn't happen very often.......if a channel freezes I can guarantee that there will be a notice on their FB page to advise about it. The only problem I have is sometimes that channels are slow to change, but my supplier has said that this is due to how the channels are coded to work on H2s......doesn't bother me at all, I'm literally talking seconds for the channel to start.

People have said that Open ATV 6.1 runs IPTV better, so I have recently switched to this, so I now have the bare minimum on my box, seems fine so far, but I had no problems on WB6, so its hard to comment on the difference at this stage.

Main things to consider are keep your box to a minimum, don't take up too much memory on it, make sure ISP blockers are switched off, but provider is the main thing......you need a decent one. I have recommended mine to so many people, I get so many PM each day asking, but if anyone is expecting 100% service 100% of the time they are mistaken.....it's not Sly.
Brilliant thank you, how do I disable timeshift and run cacheflush every 5 mins , thank you again

Cacheflush, press and hold blue button........select cacheflush and change it to run every 5 minutes and set memory size to 20480kb.

Timeshift, menu, setup, recordings & timeshift, timeshift settings, automatically start timeshift after........change it to disabled.

Save.

Cacheflush, press and hold blue button........select cacheflush and change it to run every 5 minutes and set memory size to 20480kb.

Timeshift, menu, setup, recordings & timeshift, timeshift settings, automatically start timeshift after........change it to disabled.

Save.
Great thanks again, now gonna delete some of these plugins just counted and there's 10 thanks again for your help

I have on my epg the supplier iptv, free view and old supplier iptv, how do I just keep the ones I need, thanks

If you added the old bouquets via a script, then your supplier should have a script to remove them. Either that or just delete the bouquets, usually by pressing TV, Highlight Bouquet, Menu, Delete Bouquet.........but saying this, I don't use ABE2 anymore, which is what WB6 uses, I disabled this and started using ABM, so I just delete them through this instead.

The instructions above should work though if you just delete them that way you should be fine.

Back