Recordng on this box

aceone

Do I need another line to tuner be to record on this box.
I was told you can record up to 7 programme at once . if yes would I Need a other line in fo that.
If no how many could I record
Thx

As long as your provider allows twin tuner box on your line then you will be fine for recording and no extra line needed. Not sure about 7 programmes at once as you would need 7 free tuners lol. You can record 2 and watch one you have already recorded as far as I know or watch one and record another, but others will confrim

Sorry. When I said line . I meant another cable from dish to the other tuner as its a twin tuner. Sorry for not being g more clear

Yes bud, need another line from your lnb, otherwise you can only record what you are watching if using it as a single tuner

twin tuner should allow 3 stations on same tp on each tuner=6 as i did that on vu solo2 and watched recording at same time,if channels are on different tp then max of 1+1 on each tuner.

Agree with cactikid above - I've certainly had three simulatenous recordings whilst watching something else.... works lovely!

recording

I have tuner A setup and working fine but not tuner B as nothing is connected to it

I was watching a sky movie and had a recording to start on BBC1.
When the recording started it turned the station over to the recording.
When I tried to go back to my sky film, the channel (as the others) were greyed out.
Any idea why. Thx

Cause you're only using 1 tuner. My sky hd box does the same as I'm using both boxes - 1 cable in each. I therefore have tuner B turned off on both boxes as such and need to watch what I record or switch over to the other box.

If both progs were on the same transponder then be different story...

Sorry tich. What does a transponder look like.
Also, it seems a bit long winded to have to check what transponder a program is on before I can record it

If you go on the site you will notice they are split into groups with all the channels on that transponder ie 10714.25 H

multi tuner boxes people need to have access to all cables for using these boxes as you are limiting its performance in what it could do if needing to record.

Best bet. Go to channel u want to record. Press record button. Then press up or down for EPG. Then the available are highlighted lit up and not available are greyed out :)

Back