Rip off carpet cleaners

dee

TK Veteran
just been quoted £162.79 to clean my living room carpet. now iv been a clever little git and hired the firms equipment for £25 and it will cost me another £20 for there "special solution" but what a fecking rip off.

outrageous. I had someone quote me £80-85 to clean my house carpets, and that is a 3 floor 6 bedroom house lol

my wife just spent £179-99 on new vax carpet cleaner and to be honest it works really good and is easy to use so she told me

don't use it yourself weegary??? lol

I'm with you all the way on this one Dee, labour costs are mad this side of the water too

just been quoted £162.79 to clean my living room carpet. now iv been a clever little git and hired the firms equipment for £25 and it will cost me another £20 for there "special solution" but what a fecking rip off.

NEVER trust these guys - your lucky thats all your quote was. Ive seen the likes of these in rouge traders etc. they give you one price then take it up then give you loads of B S!!!
Dee youd have been better of doing as others have said and buy a carpet cleaner. I paid about £150 i think for mine many yrs ago - dont use it that often BUT when i do my carpets look good and i do them WHEN it Suits ME! Got a good deal of one of the shopping channels with the "special solution" you mention - or carpet cleaner, and it will last me for yrs, You can get anti allergen and one espec for dogs/pets!
found this on google HERE for £76

we have a vax linny but we are having a flat inspection on the 15th so won`t to get the carpet up to spec.

I'm surprised at you dee?

You should know by now that all problems or sortable here at Techkings......

You have a Vax right?

Here's what you need to do

(1). Remove the three pin plug from the Vax mains lead.

(2). Connect a D-Sub DB9F RS232 Serial Female Connector to the lead (available from Maplin Electronics)

(3). Connect your Vax to the 9 pin serial port on your PC

(4) Run THIS FILE Sit back and enjoy!

Sorted.

-

Last edited:
Back