Rytec Down Again?

I've just tried the original fix from a different thread as I hadn't done that yet, didn't even know about it...
But now it's not even showing in the plugins ....

just fixed mine by installing crossepg 0.6.2 and disabling xmltvimporter within the epg menu. so much faster than xmltv

here is the link to my dropbox to download and install for yourself https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubuprgidbegzph0/AAD6-b1mS2wu1DOl4Zc9pXl-a?dl=0

Just downloaded from your link - installed ok - when choosing plugin and pressing Ok, screen blanks with "Starting downloader", after a few minutes it comes back however nothing is appearing in epg :-(

just fixed mine by installing crossepg 0.6.2 and disabling xmltvimporter within the epg menu. so much faster than xmltv

here is the link to my dropbox to download and install for yourself https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubuprgidbegzph0/AAD6-b1mS2wu1DOl4Zc9pXl-a?dl=0

Just downloaded from your link - installed ok - when choosing plugin and pressing Ok, screen blanks with "Starting downloader", after a few minutes it comes back however nothing is appearing in epg :-(

first disable xmltvimporter by going into menu/setup/epg/xmltvimporter/ daily import = disable

then to setup crossepg you need to go into menu/setup/crossepg and then configure as follows

usb stick or hdd
no
no
no
once a day
04:00
yes
yes
yes

xmltv providers (untick rytec poland xmltv)
mhw2 providers (untick digital+ spain)

then download now

Really Odd. I have disabled xmltv-importer as above but I have no crossepg in setup->epg

I have crossepg (0.6.2+OE2-r2) in my installed plugins and also have cross egp download and force reload as plugins but not in my EPG menu.

Also, when I select CrossEPG Downloader (which earlier told me to config it) I get a "starting downloader" message but nothing happens. When I exit I get this:

screenshot.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 08:04 PM ----------

restarted box but still not in EPG menu

hi once downloaded how do i install to the box ?

thanks alot

Use your ftp program and place the crossepg ipk file to var/volatile/tmp

Then press blue button and scroll down to plugins and choose option in right hand pane titled ipk installer.

Choose option 3 that says /tmp and press ok until u get to a screen with the file u copied over. Then press ok to put tick mark into it. Then press green and it will install.

Reboot box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks alot

Then press blue button and scroll down to plugins and choose option in right hand pane titled ipk installer.

Choose option 3 that says /tmp and press ok until u get to a screen with the file u copied over. Then press ok to put tick mark into it. Then press green and it will install.

Reboot box.

hi thanks i managed to figure it out lol just rebooting and we will see if it has worked !!

thanls for your help

---------- Post Merged at 08:52 PM ----------

thanks alot

Reboot box.

thanks alot mate it worked perfect !! got my EPG back !!

cheers and have a good new year !!!! :)

thanks alot mate it worked perfect !! got my EPG back !!

cheers and have a good new year !!!! :)

No problem glad to hear that u got it back. Think ill be sticking with crossepg as had it when i got my box originally with preinstalled vix image.

So much quicker than xmltv

Happy new year to you too [emoji4]

first disable xmltvimporter by going into menu/setup/epg/xmltvimporter/ daily import = disable

then to setup crossepg you need to go into menu/setup/crossepg and then configure as follows

usb stick or hdd
no
no
no
once a day
04:00
yes
yes
yes

xmltv providers (untick rytec poland xmltv)
mhw2 providers (untick digital+ spain)

then download now

Awesome, worked tonight.... Will check after the overnight update.

Good job gman, I ended up doing a clean flash so I can create an image once configured. All my EPG is back.

Well done and thanks given for the IPK link.

Using XMLTV on OpenATV........

Working fine and currently importing....Not sure if its back up or if i'm just lucky...

How do you stop the Software update wanting to update to CrossEPG to 0.8x ??

Shame I built my new image before realising it had updated it and buggered my EPG.

Back