sd card

lee benson

hi guys trying to set up my first h2s following kiddac pigs guide,,,,, so how do i add my epg plugins picon pause and record to micro sd card in stead off usb,, i have a 128 gig micro sd,, any help be great thanks guys

here you go guys this may help

Attachments

• how to use SD&TF card on zgemma H.S&H.2S&H.2H.pdf
    291.6 KB · Views: 553
Hi, unfortnately that is not what we are looking for, it tells you how to use SD and access the recordings but does not tell us how to get a Micro SD working, I am still stuck with this so any help appreciated

thanks thomas88 for your help,, will give it a go cheers

hi guys just updating tryed sd card in pen i usb in back same out put wouldent work,,,,,,,,,, tryed another sd card out of phone and bang worked straight away so im going to try a low level format on my 128gig sd card again and see what happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this low level format boy is slow taking hours

Last edited:
Same here, I am currently using a Fujiflm 64GB micro card in a USB reader, this limits the amount to 28GB so is not a permanent solution, please let me know how it goes as would like to resolve this issue.

hi guys just updating tryed sd card in pen i usb in back same out put wouldent work,,,,,,,,,, tryed another sd card out of phone and bang worked straight away so im going to try a low level format on my 128gig sd card again and see what happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this low level format boy is slow taking hours

Mini Tool Partition Wizard Free for your PC is what you need. Put SD card in a card reader, it will come up as another drive, click Format then format as `Ext4`.

It will take 10 mins or so- job done!

hi Tommie, im new to the ZGemma H.2S i am going to try this with my 128GB SD card and have downloaded the Mini Tool Partition Wizard
Can i use the micro card adapter or do i need to buy a card reader?
thanks

thanks Tommie i tried it with the SD adapter and it seemed to work? but havent tried it in the ZGemma yet

when i place it into my SD slot on laptop t says it needs formatted so maybe it has'nt worked

Last edited:
@chopper1 when you place it into the sd slot on you laptop after formatting it to ext3 it will say it needs formatted, ext3 is a linux based format and windows won't recognize it. I'm in the process of trying to figure this out with EASEUS partition master, i can put the stick in formatted to FAT32 and it works for my epg but not recording or timeshift, so im formatting it to ext3 at the moment on my laptop with a usb adapter and will try set up recording, timeshift and creating a swapfile for epg. ill get back to you :)

EDIT: Ignore what i've said, just read another post with a much simpler answer, just format a stick to FAT32, plug it into the box while it is off and then turn the box on, the box won't recognize the card if you plug it in while it is on, then do the usual initialize in storage settings and create your swapfile.

Last edited:
@chopper1 when you place it into the sd slot on you laptop after formatting it to ext3 it will say it needs formatted, ext3 is a linux based format and windows won't recognize it. I'm in the process of trying to figure this out with EASEUS partition master, i can put the stick in formatted to FAT32 and it works for my epg but not recording or timeshift, so im formatting it to ext3 at the moment on my laptop with a usb adapter and will try set up recording, timeshift and creating a swapfile for epg. ill get back to you :)

EDIT: Ignore what i've said, just read another post with a much simpler answer, just format a stick to FAT32, plug it into the box while it is off and then turn the box on, the box won't recognize the card if you plug it in while it is on, then do the usual initialize in storage settings and create your swapfile.
I get stuck at 50% mate in initialising, what's the fix i formatted sd card to fat32

Having the same issue... unable to find an answer yet

The H.2S has issues with some SD Cards. The Mini Tool Partition wizard may not successfully format to Ext4. If after formatting, the partition is not recognised by the program it is a dead cert that formatting failed. You will find the same results using the zgemma box to do the formatting and may even lock the box up trying.

I just bought a toshiba 128gb Exceria micro sdxc 4k & am having the same problem, need a fix or these boxes are no use

Back