SF8 installation all-nighter= pounding headache and bleary eyes. FURTHER QUESTIONS..

Yes, because it has been a bit of a mare to get this set up and all along it was just a small adjustment to a setting buried away somewhere.

Cactikid, are you still recommending that i switch back to MGcamd 1.35a ?

The last time i installed MGcamd via local exts it failed to create the newcamd.list and a mg_cfg. I had to make them myself.

I can move back to MGcamd if strongly recommended though.

any files i need i get from wos,only the mgcamd 1.35a is listed there,as i said other may not be compatible with vix now,well done to mike getting you running perfect now,i dont remember ever setting up box with the mg file as it was setup for me many years ago and just copied to desktop then ftp to box,we all learn things now.if its working ok on cccam leave it.

any files i need i get from wos,only the mgcamd 1.35a is listed there,as i said other may not be compatible with vix now,well done to mike getting you running perfect now,i dont remember ever setting up box with the mg file as it was setup for me many years ago and just copied to desktop then ftp to box,we all learn things now.if its working ok on cccam leave it.

I moved back to 1.35a anyway mate as it wasnt really a cam issue overall. It was all down to the VSD_SF8 setting. I hope that they don't ship all the boxes like that and that mines was just configured incorrectly. People would notice though surely.

you must remember it is not up to the supplier to set them up. that is our job they just flash the image. they are basicly just a fta box otherwise.

supplier cannot be charged with selling fta boxes but caught using plug and play been sold would be closed and prosecuted.did you stick a post over there yet?

I'm not sure i follow. Who sold a plug and play box?

Surely the manufacturer should have set this up correctly? Or is that a setting from within the VIX image? I just presumed that as its related to the box display then it was an octagon menu.

What i was saying is, i hope that not all boxes are sold with this preconfigure VSD_SF8 setting set to the wrong option thus slowing channel navigation down. As far as im aware the VSD SF8 menu isnt isnt anything illegal as it was already on there (and set up incorrectly) from startup.

Last edited:
reading add on ebay stating all setup and ready to work from box is a no no and they wont last long.different boxes using same firmware and they cant set it up correctly as too many variables from the vix image,remember vix has a solo image,duo image etc as each is modified for that model.

reading add on ebay stating all setup and ready to work from box is a no no and they wont last long.different boxes using same firmware and they cant set it up correctly as too many variables from the vix image,remember vix has a solo image,duo image etc as each is modified for that model.

Lol i'm totally lost.

Basically, I got a box and the VSD_SF8 menu was preset to the wrong option which caused major issues. Even just as a legitimate FTA receiver those issues were present.

I thought this was down to the manufacturer but i dont have a clue who presets this option.

hence why i asked you to post over there,maybe a setting was changed or to be changed and not posted,as i said there are 2 different boxes using same image one has a display other not,not even checked mine lol,user setups with the wizard when box is flashed like hdmi/scart,1080/720 etc. i wonder if wheelo checked his box?

hence why i asked you to post over there,maybe a setting was changed or to be changed and not posted,as i said there are 2 different boxes using same image one has a display other not,not even checked mine lol,user setups with the wizard when box is flashed like hdmi/scart,1080/720 etc. i wonder if wheelo checked his box?

No problem, will do mate. I browse it but i havent posted on the forum before. I'm a bit scared to as they seem a bit bitchy about where posts are made lol. I'll have a browse around and make sure i post in the right place.

Box is very fast now. However, i had a 'tune failed' issue on certain channels which i was unable to resolve without reflashing. All seems good again.

Last edited:
getting to know why a channel does not work,you dont have to reflash boxes.bookmark this link to pc and use it as its the bible for sats when channels move.

Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2E / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A (28.2°E) - TV - frequencies - KingOfSat

even a rescan should pick up moved channels.

there is a section for that box over there that you can fill in details of what zeus your on in that section,the more info they know the more they can help.

Cheers mate, i'll take a look at that and will indeed bookmark. I tried an Automatic rescan of 28.2 as well as a few other manual scans and ABM Scans but didnt have any joy picking up those channels, so i just reflashed.

I'll post on WOS as soon as i get onto a laptop and can be sure i post in the right place lol. I'm sure it'll be helpful to someone who gets the same issue.

Not sure of them all but BBC one scotland and watch hd were definitely missing. There were others as well, either dave or uk gold

Back