Skybox F5 channel scrambled help

hes not getting any connection from box to router hence no flashing light on box ethernet port and no lit ethernet port number on router. if his ps3 works ok with same cable to same router its the box

There is a green light (circle) on this tab, and I think the red box just indicates what word you are on as I switch left and right, the same red box is there. When I press ok is says "Active interface OK!". Setup just allows me to switch the DCHP on or off which I have on.

Also

Go into the menu and check the status of your line, in edit mode ( the next one down from upgrade by usb)

Menu - Network Local Setting - Camds Setup - CCcam Client Setup - Manage Config Files - CCcam.cfg

It should say "online" with a little green tick next to it, if it doesn't then put a tick by it using the (green) active button and see if it will connect.
You might have to reboot the box after you have make the changes.

When I enter this menu after going into the secret menu, its says: 1 C: Server Bunch on number n letters Numbers offline green tick.

For some reason it has the green tick and offline???? Does that mean the server is offline or that the connection between the internet is offline? Server provider has emailed me a new .cfg after emailing that the first one isn't working. Ill try that now.

Some reason I cant get internet to my box, would my superhub prevent anything? After all its only an internet connection.

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 PM ----------

I have just wiped everything and reloaded the cline and still says scrambled. The both you apps aren't working and the server menu says offline with a green tick. :(

See when u say u used the same cat5 cable for the ps3 , was it on the same super hub ?

I'm taking its a virgin hub ? If so and you have wifi on , you can't have hardwire (LAN) at the same time , you need to get a separate router with wifi so both can work simultaneously ;)

About the box ,

When your in ccam config , I take it you've pressed the green button to activate ?

I'm pretty sure everyone else has pretty much covered the rest

Bees, youre a star mate.

Thanks a lot for going to all that trouble.

I think its been narrowed down to the box being faulty so I think I will return it instead of going to try it out on another router as I don't see that doing anything.

Thanks again guys :)

---------- Post Merged at 09:57 PM ----------

Btw SB180, the box I got was from your favourite place which you recommend. One more thing to look out for then.

you will have no problem then just send it back. f5s were good when they first come out but it seems they have gone downhill. go for something a bit more expensive which is better quality.

^ Its a vermin superhub

---------- Post Merged at 10:53 AM ----------

And it should still send out an internet connect regardless as i can plug the same cable which is connected to the same port on the superhub into my laptop and ps3 and it will work.

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 AM ----------

you will have no problem then just send it back. f5s were good when they first come out but it seems they have gone downhill. go for something a bit more expensive which is better quality.

What would you recommend?

I saw F5 for £50, ive seen they do the S6000HD for £100 but ive searched for this and there isnt much info on them nor support, and ive seen the blade for £150 which is not how much i was looking to spend.

You have probably just been a bit unlucky, why not
just send it back and replace it for another F5. I have got at least half a dozen friends
with them and I have one myself and they are all working fine.

Blades are very good but if it is out of your price range
just get a replacement up and running.

s6000hd is a vusolo clone there is loads of support as it is a linux e2 box. it uses open sourced software like vix blackhole ect. but unless you are confident with satboxes then you will struggle there is more setup work involved with linux boxes but they are better. and the memory seems small for a linux box. blade is easy to set up like f5s but are far better built channel updates via the satbox so no messing with usb stick. they dont brick when you do channel updates and a proper 7day epg. you pays your money you takes your choice.

Last edited:
vu are fab but lets face it openboxes dont have a very good name they struggle to make a standard closed source satbox good so what chance have they with a linux box? they might turn out to be the best box in the world! only time will tell. as the saying goes you only get what you pay for and its the same for satboxes. i have tried many satboxes over the years but i have always kept hold of my trusty basic but brill blade. it shows they are good boxes when you dont have to keep updating the firmware every 5mins because of bugs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard they are good but what I was getting at is should you stay away from the
clones and pay the extra for an original VU box

You have probably just been a bit unlucky, why not
just send it back and replace it for another F5. I have got at least half a dozen friends
with them and I have one myself and they are all working fine.

Blades are very good but if it is out of your price range
just get a replacement up and running.

I was think this; just replaced it with another f5 but as i have been seaching for solutions to my problem in the past few days i have been reading posts which indicate that there might be potential problems in the future as it is manufactured cheaply and what not. Last thing i want if for it to go pop, i mean my first one had a fault with it already and that was brand new, doesnt do much for confidence.

This is why i would look at others, i mean if i invest £150 into a blade which lasts me a few years then surely that worth more than an f5 which could potentially fail anytime soon.

I dont know, i would appreciate all the advice i can get.

s6000hd is a vusolo clone there is loads of support as it is a linux e2 box. it uses open sourced software like vix blackhole ect. but unless you are confident with satboxes then you will struggle there is more setup work involved with linux boxes but they are better. and the memory seems small for a linux box. blade is easy to set up like f5s but are far better built channel updates via the satbox so no messing with usb stick. they dont brick when you do channel updates and a proper 7day epg. you pays your money you takes your choice.

Is there one blade? Blade BM7000S HD Satellite?

Spotted a TM800HD as well as HD Media 9001s Satellite Receiver, what the crack with them?

Last edited:
google ;) but they hold their price so there is only £5 difference in most places

Last edited:
Have done, doesnt bring up much. Most places i know of is through reading on here. Is DC receiv still good to buy from? When i was enquirng about the kryptview i could never get through on the phone and emails werent replied to either.

Have a look at this thread here

Just be aware open source (linux boxes) are more fiddely to set up.

I haven't made the linux jump yet, as I only use Astra 28.2
But if I had to go motorised, i would go that way.

I use

Code:
www.lincsat.co.uk

for all the boxes i have bought, they are not the cheapest but
delivery is quick and aftersales support is good

Blade also do a Combo, (Sat and Cable) but just go for the standard one as mentioned above.
Cable side is basically useless.

Last edited:
plenty of people use them and are happy. goods arrive nxt day if ordered in time. you had a lucy escape with kryptview. not the same since n3

Have a look at this thread here

Just be aware open source (linux boxes) are more fiddely to set up.

I haven't made the linux jump yet, as I only use Astra 28.2
But if I had to go motorised, i would go that way.

I use

Code:
www.lincsat.co.uk

for all the boxes i have bought, they are not the cheapest but
delivery is quick and aftersales support is good

Blade also do a Combo, (Sat and Cable) but just go for the standard one as mentioned above.
Cable side is basically useless.

Yeah i have seen that page, price seem good untill delivery is added and you can find them else where. I guess after sales support is also worth something.

---------- Post Merged at 02:23 PM ----------

plenty of people use them and are happy. goods arrive nxt day if ordered in time. you had a lucy escape with kryptview. not the same since n3

I was hoping they were still okay to buy from, just had trouble trying to get into contact with them :$. Might order from them then. Have you bought from them?

Back