Slyk Skin Mods v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This skin absolutely rocks and in my opinion is by far the best sly looking skin out there! With kiddac's genius and the hard work for the different mods available the differences between the skin and official sly are incredible!!

Enigma2 :

View attachment 19482

Official :

View attachment 19483

Great work everyone :)

The Official Sky EPG Screen (No Yellow Tab):

View attachment 19494

E2 Sky Skin:

View attachment 19496

that's strange - it shows on quite a few different sites on the net that it does :/

would you be able to share how you managed to reduce the length of the active tab?

my epg :

1_0_19_A2C_1A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (4).jpg

I would like to reduce the length as shown in your screenshot if possible - would you be able to share with me how I can do this?

Very nice work by the way can hardly notice the difference ? is it quite straightforward to change the duration to the SD/HD W S DD etc? and the ch- / ch + at the top and bottom ?

Thank you

The EPG bouquet yellow color shouldn't really be there as on official sly it goes away when you actually scroll through the channels, only there to show what's currently selected.

View attachment 19494

E2 Sky Skin:

View attachment 19496

that's strange - it shows on quite a few different sites on the net that it does :/

would you be able to share how you managed to reduce the length of the active tab?

my epg :

View attachment 19499

I would like to reduce the length as shown in your screenshot if possible - would you be able to share with me how I can do this?

Very nice work by the way can hardly notice the difference ? is it quite straightforward to change the duration to the SD/HD W S DD etc? and the ch- / ch + at the top and bottom ?

Thank you

I think the tab is highlighted when you're flicking between them e.g when moving between movies and sports as with official Sly you have to highlight the tab itself and scroll left and right, so both it highlighted and not highlighted are correct it just depends in which situation the screenshot was taken.

I'm also curious regarding the other points you've made though (tab length, ch+ and ch-).

Mad skills by everyone who has submitted a mod here! Looking bad at Slyk 1 version 1 and how far it's come is crazy!!

This skin absolutely rocks and in my opinion is by far the best sly looking skin out there! With kiddac's genius and the hard work for the different mods available the differences between the skin and official sly are incredible!!

Enigma2 :

View attachment 19482

Official :

View attachment 19483

Great work everyone :)

View attachment 19494

E2 Sky Skin:

View attachment 19496

my epg :

View attachment 19499

Thank you
I will try upload the codes and pngs for them so that you can add or play with them in your Slyk hd skin...Also sky has the timeline right aligned.

See "Today" and the time. I have tried replicate the epgs and infobars as close as Sky's

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i could do with some help please to test out my new xml mod file please
drop me a pm

ps i need you to be able to change files

Last edited:
For anyone who has upgraded to newest version of slyk1hd with the new 3rd programme on the infobar, but still want the tuner status and snr values, then this mod is for you, whether you require the ecm values or not.

In order to see the values, youll need to press the ok/select button twice

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1anlfixzvc9vr20/AABmcd4kEUKXxxD7NrVPOBAJa?dl=0

9bf57a169c7b1851b1cd393dd81f5dca.jpg

Last edited:
I will try upload the codes and pngs for them so that you can add or play with them in your Slyk hd skin...Also sky has the timeline right aligned.

See "Today" and the time. I have tried replicate the epgs and infobars as close as Sky's

Thanks chabs, much appreciated :) if you could briefly explain with the upload where each file goes and if anything needs amending that would be top!

Yeah i did notice after i posted my last comment that 'Today' and the times were right aligned, on official sly they appear a little bigger in font size too

thank you

Thanks chabs, much appreciated :) if you could briefly explain with the upload where each file goes and if anything needs amending that would be top!

Yeah i did notice after i posted my last comment that 'Today' and the times were right aligned, on official sly they appear a little bigger in font size too

thank you

My skin designs are practical though in the real world.

Its left aligned for a very good reason. On openatv at least if I scroll through the epg, so today is replaced by a date. It's much better to see Wednesday 25th Dece..., than ..sday 25th December.

thank you

My skin designs are practical though in the real world.

Its left aligned for a very good reason. On openatv at least if I scroll through the epg, so today is replaced by a date. It's much better to see Wednesday 25th Dece..., than ..sday 25th December.
There goes kiddac

What do you mean by practical? Other skins are fiction??

Ever since I started making these Sky & VM Skins, my main aim has been trying to copy them as close as I could.

I know almost all the E2 Functions and I can always change the keymap.xml to get the box to respond to whatever I wish.

I make these skin for personal satisfaction and I share my work freely with people who want the same user experience.

So if this is not practical then I guess this world as you had put it is different from yours...

Think there's a way to port markus625's channel selection mod to Slyk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is a way but SkyQ has a different layout than Sky HD and am sure it will be a design that will not be practical in kiddac's world..

Slyk 1 HD v5.105

Here is my mods xlm for Slyk 1 HD v5.106
this one is slightly different to the last, you should be able to turn the mods on and off in the extras.xml.

So in this one we have

Easy turn on turn off

Skin logo to flat logo or you can your own in with out touching the originals
Sly Tabs Hack Unused Tabs Grey
Infobar Picon Moved into Infobar with now next and later (working on the adding the old infobar too)
EPG current time highlight changeable to skygold
tv/radio button picon centred and background removed and preview tv text removed

to turn these ones on and off you open the extras file and just edit the section that has a mod tag at it

Not so easy turn on turn off

EPG Description Text Smaller Size
Movie Description Text Smaller Size
Menu / EPG / TV Video Picture Preview - Name Removed
Numberzap Text Smaller Size
Second Infobar Description Text Smaller Size
Quick EPG Infobar Description Text Smaller Size
Infobar Description Text Smaller Size

how to turn on and off the other mods

eg :

#######################################

<!-- Infobar Description Size -->
<!-- inforbar.xml -->

<!--
<screen name="SecondInfoBar1" >
dskfjlngdrlifgh 9rtp jufiodv
df;novx dijfdg
just filled with diffeent codes doesnt matter
</screen>
-->

####################################

just add in the bold text in this place or on the same line to turn the mod off
or just remove all the text in-between the the ####################################

I'm only testing this way out if people can't work it or just don't like it

Download

Link is dead

drag and drop in to your slyk-1-hd folder
and restart gui when you have made changes

Dont shout if they are broke
i am trying new things out
i hope it all works
you will need Slyk 1 HD v5.105 installed
Trying to make it easier for people

this is testing still

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ----------

Seems I was late to the game
we are now on 5.106 lol

now updated for 5.106

Last edited:
<!-- infobar picons -->
<!-- MOD -->

<!-- 1 = Picons -->
<!-- 2 = No Picons (default) -->
<!-- -siilver = Picon in now, next and later infobar -->

<!-- edit both panels -->

<screen name="InfobarPicon">
<panel name="InfobarPicon-siilver" />
</screen>

<screen name="SecondInfobarPicon">
<panel name="InfobarPicon-siilver" />
</screen>

ok not sure if this is a problem but when I put in secondinfobarpicon-siilver there was no picon when I pressed ok twice tried secondinfobarpicon2 and that but it back in but on top of info so stuck in Infobarpicon-silver so that it stays in place when I press ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back