Software updates

bigwig21

Hi all,just a quick question,I have had 30+ updates in software manager and the traffic light is on green now so I take it's ok to update safely now? If it's on amber is it ok to update or best wait till it turns green.
Newbie to the h2s so sorry if this has been asked before.Running wooshv5 and openatv.
Thanks

WB v5 should be fine to update as it was made after the update that caused a lot of problems: green is good to update, amber has a risk & red dont do it...Im just going to update my H2S now to be sure the updates are ok (not WB v5 but still using a recent ATV build)

28 updates for me as only performed update yesterday..all updated without issues

Last edited:
Yep, it'll do that. The latest open atv updates aren't compatible with wooshbuild v4. His latest udpated build works fine (v5.3) but needs flashed rather than updated.

I have just noticed that my channel number changes to the clock time on the display,is this the clock problem that asmad mentioned and is there a fix for this?

Hi bigwig21, no there is no fix available for the clock issue at present. One of the last posts on wooshbuild V5 support thread explains best settings to leave it on for now or you can reflash am earlier backup if you have one.

It's an open atvv fault and nothing to do with wooshbuild so we gotta wait on them fixing it.

---------- Post Merged at 02:08 PM ----------

The clock doesn't update the time and will stay on the same time until you standby the box. The above mentioned v5 post helps but doesn't solve it completely.

Thanks,I know the answers are on the forum somewhere but sometimes its hard to find them,still getting my head round this box and appreciate any answers from questions asked from you all.Cheers.

Yep, it'll do that. The latest open atv updates aren't compatible with wooshbuild v4. His latest udpated build works fine (v5.3) but needs flashed rather than updated.

Don't have the wooshbuild installed as its a personal build but hey all sorted now :)

For the clock issue a temporary fix is to install permanent clock vfd from plugins I'm just going to wait for atv to fix it.

Just noticed my own clock issue.
It doesn't change time on the box display until I turn it off.
Is this the same problem others are having?

Yes either turn settings to channel number and clock in standby or wait for atv to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yea seen that myself
but have noticed the to button not working or is that only me
and I have lost all channels that are not in favs, even that I don't have anything in favs but entertainment is there
and lost EPG tabs

more to add the channels are there I can get them from openwebif, but not from the box itself
a wee project tomorrow after work

Last edited:
Yea seen that myself
but have noticed the to button not working or is that only me
and I have lost all channels that are not in favs, even that I don't have anything in favs but entertainment is there
and lost EPG tabs

more to add the channels are there I can get them from openwebif, but not from the box itself
a wee project tomorrow after work

For the epg tabs do you keep the modified epgselection.py for epg tabs on the box? Because when there's an update on files within enigma2 it will download all default pyo files in enigma2 so it will overwrite epgselection.pyo but if you leave epgselection.py on the box when it boots it will compile into pyo and overwrite the version that was downloaded via software updates.

I'm not sure why your losing channels

---------- Post Merged at 09:34 PM ----------

And what's the to button?

I take it the now added EPG numbers that have been added is the same file that so losing the tabs, not worried

but the lost channel new to me too lol

sorry tv button
ipad doesn't know what a tv is as it always changes it

No epg tabs are brought in via your modified epgselection.py channel numbers are brought in via UsageConfig.pyo and Epglist.pyo
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/pull/546

As I said when there's an update within enigma2
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2
it will download all pyo files within enigma2 so if you don't leave your modified epgselection.py on the box you will receive the default epgselection.pyo file

tv button working fine here

Last edited:
Ok ive found the issue for the clock just need oe alliance to look into it

Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/issues/196

Last edited:
Back