Spyware Removal

kjepoh

spyware has appeared on my daughters computer and is stopping access to other programs unless we purchase and activate. how can we remove it?

Does the program give you a name? For specific removal instructions that would be a big help. What Antivirus and anti-malware programs are you running at the moment? Regardless, if you don't already have it, you should go HERE and download Malwarebytes. Install the program and then check for updates. Once it is updated do a full scan of your pc. Good luck.

i hav herd that this program can harm yor computer, is this actually the case? i am a novice and in 'fixing' any problems without knowing what needs fixing i am leaving my fate to the tech gods rite? how do i know whats good and whats bad please????

malwarebytes is very very safe and will not delete or harm any system files compared to some other programs out there.

You should install it and for best results once its installed and updated, is to restart your computer and boot into safe mode.

This is done as the computer is switched on and you tap one of the function keys.

It varies from each computer so you might have to try it a few times F4 F6 F8 F12 are probably the most common. Youll then see a list of options, one being SAFE MODE.

Let the computer startup once you select safe mode and run malwarebytes, any problems will be found in its quarantine section where you can delete them.

Restart afterwards and boot to safe mode again and run your antivirus.

This should rid you of any problems your having

Its possible she clicked on one of the many adverts that appear all over the web which is where these program types dwell. Just warn her about these and it shouldnt happen again. Facebook is probably the worst culprit!

what is the name of this program? post a hijack this log and lets see if anything shows up.

Back