starview 7 down?

rijmrijm

hello all, i got a starview 7 cable box last week, was on vm for years before, no problem until nag3 came along, hence the sv7. i am in west london hounslow area..

this morning at about 11am i got blank screens on all channels, was working perfect before that.

i researched and it says the server goes down sometimes, now it 6.30 pm on sat eve, still not come up, is this normal for sv?

shall i return this and get kryptview..

please let me know........

Last edited:
no it should be working ? do a rescan and try again

unless they is a cable outage or problem in your area

there is nothing on the screen, looks like no signal from sv box to screen, as it doesnt go to 'ext1' which is for my cable box, but goes to 'tv' on my tv inputs when i switch tv on and off...i can see the channel numbers go up and down when i change chans on the sv remote..

could it be a wire loose? i have scart, and nothing was touched when it stopped working, i will connect my old vm box to see if the vm signal is arriving........

UPDATE:::

ok so my old vm box works, showing the fta chans, so the vm sig is ok, must be problem with my sv7 box...

any ideas anyone???

Last edited:
silly me, i had pressed the av/tv button on the sv7 remote by mistake, 1 whole day of no tv............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! peed off now............

so how many sv servers are there? is there 1 per city or something? why do they keep going down, and what is the longest period they have been down? do they tend to go down during times of big footy games especially???

havent had any problems through big games so far, I have owned this unit for 3 weeks and has so far been down twice, first time overnight and now today for mayb about an hour, this is expected with these boxes guess we get what we pay for. I rushed in to getting one maybe should have done the research on all the cons of having one of these boxes. Picture quality not the best, many channels seem to be viewed as a letterbox not fullscreen. And my final gripe is that I have tried to use several usb sticks to record but none of them seem to work, when connecting them to the box it freezes up then need to reset the box. If anybody else is having this problem please let me know and if there is any way around this and some reccommendations

Hi, tswaby. had my sv7 for 10 days now only freezes for about a second now and again and my picture quality is nearly as good as my old vm box not bad really i think we will get our moneys worth out of them. the usb stick you need has to support fat 32. i brought 1 from wh smith for £10 for a 4 gb, put it in pressed record wait about 30 seconds then it tells you what to do, hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks steveinuk thats very helpful. will be visiting whsmith today as really need to start recording on my box.

my m8 has told me if he looses signal, it sometimes works to switch to bbc1 or similar then back to channel .
Another is to switch box off and then back on . i would try doing factory reset , and reload channels.
Checking emu is on and stream is selected. This has worked , without complaint.
Also be careful not to knock or move any cables. Also picture is excellent on all s/v 7 i have seen
so look elsewhere if picture is not up to your standard.
You can also use a usb hdd drive ,my m8 uses a 250gb one.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies, i am getting used to this box now, but some of my channels. like espn, go to "SCRAMBLE" sometimes and then is ok all of a sudden. but the other chans, liks skysports, are ok. why does "SCRAMBLE" happen, and what is the solution??

starview is crap... hate it! keeps freezing, and then goes off, i have to close it from behind and then put it back on, I've packed it away, cant be bothered with it anymore.

Back