Starview 7 Firmware

Yes another one

Starview 7 due to be released on monday, the box has no lan port but is connected via a dongle

They have no lan on starveiw 7 because of the delay in getting boxes through customs i believe. The have a lan connector that plugs into the RS-232 instead.
Does any one know if the set up procedure is the same as starview 6.
thanks steve

Last edited:
I ordered a starview 6 2 weeks ago & recieved a starview 7 this morning.
Ive downloaded the firmware (as above) but the box doesnt recognise it!
Can anyone help? im at my wits end!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I ordered a starview 6 2 weeks ago & recieved a starview 7 this morning.
Ive downloaded the firmware (as above) but the box doesnt recognise it!
Can anyone help? im at my wits end!

"Unknown upgrade file" comes up!

how can u tell if ur starview 6 has lan

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

how do i choose which firmware to dowload , av tried the carling 1.0. and it didnt work , shud i now try grooverider ?

Ive done it! ...

I changed the memory stick & it worked. I followed the procedure for the starview 6, but i didnt enter the numbers 8989 on the accessory page because i didnt have the option.

Ive got it running now but i cant use my splitter! :bang head:
I need my splitter for the internet. Any ideas anyone?

I can confirm if you buy another two way splitter so the 3.6db connection goes to the internet the 4.0db connection goes to the input of the two way splitter you can splitte to two boxs

This firmware is the same as Starview 6 firmware.

Just check the software version after you install it from the box.

Hello,

What file will require to download the carling file, as file is not supported on my Laptop.
Also, i downloaded paretologic cure on my laptop, but i am not sure whether it will work, please suggest.
Regards Harvy

Please use the thanks or like feature under a users post instead of posting thanks shinu.

Post deleted.

Back