[Starview HD Combo+] Setting Up SAT

dose that mean if i buy a starview hd satlite and cable combo that i wont be able to get the s.k.y channles if i dont have a card ive seen the starview 7 (cable box ) and works great but ive got sky satilite starview 7 had a cable for internet and for ntl tv and it all worket but how and what would i need to make the satillite tv one work

You wont get sky channels unless you cardshare and this proves difficult on sv hd

Try this..

All you have to do is put this softcam key on a USB then insert into HD combo use front port then in menu, accessory, USB and find the softcam file then hit ok and it will ask you to import.. Also the file below is compressed rar so has to be extracted 1st

[url]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7e8b0ab627.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/9ae1c76509.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b58ddc060f.jpg[/url]

Gives access to these sats

TRT 6 (8.0°W) (BISS)
TV Globo (13.0°E) 00
Teleclub (Swiss cable) 01
TV Globo (13.0°E) 01
RAI (13°E)
DigiTV (0.8°W)00
Mediatech (4.0°w)
Telefônica TV Digital Brasil(61.0°W)
bliner(00.0°)
BISS keys Update
All keys Update
info:using scam 3.58 or mgcamd 1.35 for package...
1)BIS
2)Satisfaction S1-S8(ADULT CHANNELS)
3)ART 13E
4)ALJAZEERA SPORTS 1-8

Thanks for the info - Looking to get sat side set up on my HD Combo.............As the cable side has gone down indefinitely

Delvey put the info in the post from the beginning,

Posts of any luck leave people wondering and asking "with what",

we are not mind readers and posts like this receive infractions and will be deleted.

Oh I'm quite aware of the thread were in but nothing is obvious with your post.

read the forum rules regarding posts,

5. You will have to post once on the forum so that you have the permission to download, please make sure the post is constructive, posts that are pointless or in the wrong sections just to gain the permission will be removed and so will your post count.

dooby2oon, ive got the latest carling firmware uploaded on to my SVHD Combo Lan box and ive also followed the instructions in to uploading the softcam file but when i go to do the satellite search non of theof sat s you listed are shown on the list of satellites. theres a list of newsat options so do i need to rename one of them to your list?

p.s. if anyone else can help then it will be much appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
can anyone please help with the setting up of the starview hd combo + for the sat side as i am finding it very hard and would appreciate anyones help thanks

Ok, i have got this working, and as a newb its very easy.

Download and install the .cfg file on page one of this post. (post 5)
Menu - install - sat search (scan astra 2a/d 28.2) - should find 700+ channels
You will need to pay a card sharer for access to his cards! Google "Card share kings" for lots of providers. Request a 24 hour test line from one of the providers to ensure you can get it working, this will resemble someting like:
C: testserver.com 19000 user1 bigballs
You enter this information in under : menu - accessory - network - server (ignore the c: - the rest is Server name, port, username, password)

Have fun :)

One bad thing is that the favourites on the HD combo does not switch between sat and cable, so when you hit favourites you will auto go into your cable favourites... better to setup favourites 1-4 cable 5-8 satellite.

Hope this helps.

thanks

[thanks for all the info will try later to see if i can get it to work.
what is a reasonable cost for card shareing?;)

QUOTE=Showboat;171284]Ok, i have got this working, and as a newb its very easy.

Download and install the .cfg file on page one of this post. (post 5)
Menu - install - sat search (scan astra 2a/d 28.2) - should find 700+ channels
You will need to pay a card sharer for access to his cards! Google "Card share kings" for lots of providers. Request a 24 hour test line from one of the providers to ensure you can get it working, this will resemble someting like:
C: testserver.com 19000 user1 bigballs
You enter this information in under : menu - accessory - network - server (ignore the c: - the rest is Server name, port, username, password)

Have fun :)

One bad thing is that the favourites on the HD combo does not switch between sat and cable, so when you hit favourites you will auto go into your cable favourites... better to setup favourites 1-4 cable 5-8 satellite.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Hi all very good info on here is there anything that can sort the chanells out on the sat side of the hd combo?
if anyone has somthing can you please reply with instrutions how to install.
thanks

is there any firmware for the SV HD combo for satallite so i can watch FTA, or should it just work without any?

Hi, I am new to Cs sat`side but have found the best way so far is the combination of loading and then rebooting Starview_HD_Combo_+_0128.uad first followed then by KnightRider_HD_Combo_+_0528.uad
Sucha
You wont get sky channels unless you cardshare and this proves difficult on sv hd

Hi
I have got my SV Hd combo box working perfectly on Card sharing side?

Recieving all s** channels without freezing

It is not difficult at all unless you don't know what you are doing!

So take a look around this great forum for the answers that's what I did

regards
Singhie
:woohoo:

I have also installed the software from the 1st page, exactly as is, but I also can see no extra Sats, what am I doing wrong, I have been trawling this forum for days looking for the answer, does anyone have a complete idiots guide?
Cheers
BTPhil

I have read and read and managed to get this set up at last!!!!!!!
There are no clear instructions out there so here is a high level summary for wannabe sat users on the starview combo:

1) Get a satellite. If you just want Sky UK, then get a sat dish off ebay, Zone 1, it can be fixed rather than motorised. - you can use the skydish you already have (if you have one)
2) Set it up on your wall outside. Use a Sat meter to help you find where to point the dish - Astra 28E. There is a website out there (cant remember name of it) that will help you angle the dish - eg it uses google maps, you find your house on google maps, mark on it where you will put the dish, and it will draw a line of where it needs to face. This helped as I aligned mine with the house over the road .
3) Now on your starview Combo LAN box, download the firmware - Carling is for both Sat and Cable. (Groove rider is JUST cable) - im using Carling F531
4) Now you need a cline (server details and passwords etc) - get a test line from a website. This data can either be imported in via config file or manually input into your SV. This is done via MENU, ACCESSORY, NETWORK, SERVER SET UP - you need to enter the details from the cline. The cline will either be a CCCAM or NEWCAM option. Normally CCCAM anyway.
5) Get a Test cline - the free ones on google dont work so pay the £1 for a one day trial from a cs server provider. Use this to test your set up works and doesnt freeze.........

Any more info just ask, i know how it feels

Feel the same

Nice past NEILCL2
the website you mentioned is dishpointer BUT, I had a "normal" dish already but found the weather/wind had misaligned it and couldn`t even get fta. Selecting Astra 28 you can see the signal strength displayed at the bottom of the screen. Slight movement of the dish changed my 70% to 90%+ strength, note the dish didnt seem to move at all and the fixing were tight but it did the trick. It does mean getting up and down a ladder yourself & looking at the signal bars, because asking the wife to help by shouting out to you when up a ladder just aint worth it.
/
I have read and read and managed to get this set up at last!!!!!!!
There are no clear instructions out there so here is a high level summary for wannabe sat users on the starview combo:

1) Get a satellite. If you just want Sky UK, then get a sat dish off ebay, Zone 1, it can be fixed rather than motorised. - you can use the skydish you already have (if you have one)
2) Set it up on your wall outside. Use a Sat meter to help you find where to point the dish - Astra 28E. There is a website out there (cant remember name of it) that will help you angle the dish - eg it uses google maps, you find your house on google maps, mark on it where you will put the dish, and it will draw a line of where it needs to face. This helped as I aligned mine with the house over the road .
3) Now on your starview Combo LAN box, download the firmware - Carling is for both Sat and Cable. (Groove rider is JUST cable) - im using Carling F531
4) Now you need a cline (server details and passwords etc) - get a test line from a website. This data can either be imported in via config file or manually input into your SV. This is done via MENU, ACCESSORY, NETWORK, SERVER SET UP - you need to enter the details from the cline. The cline will either be a CCCAM or NEWCAM option. Normally CCCAM anyway.
5) Get a Test cline - the free ones on google dont work so pay the £1 for a one day trial from a cs server provider. Use this to test your set up works and doesnt freeze.........

Any more info just ask, i know how it feels

Back