Stremio Info Pls

Topiary

Hi seen a lot mention Stremio, I’ve downloaded it, where do I get good add ons from please? Is it a paid service like Plex where I need to find a Stremio provider?

Thanks

Guide i found for you

Opening Notes (important stuff, please read)​

• This configuration of the Stremio app will allow you to stream movies/TV from most devices, with the exception being IOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. If you want to stream from those devices, this guide is not for you.
  • You can use this Stremio configuration to stream movies/TV on most other platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, FireOS (includes Fire Stick and Fire TV), Linux, AndroidTV, and even the Steam Deck.
  • However, the Stremio setup guide will require that you use a Windows, Mac, Linux, or Android device. Please don't attempt the setup steps on another device.
  • Additional information for FireOS (includes Fire Stick and Fire TV) and Linux devices is located below the Stremio setup guide, but you need to go through the Stremio setup guide beforehand with a required device (Refer to previous bullet point).

Stremio Setup Guide​

Part 1: Stremio

1. For Windows/Mac users - Go to Watch videos, movies, TV series and TV channels instantly. and download the relevant client for your platform
  2. For Android users - Install Stremio through the Google Play Store: Stremio - Apps on Google Play
  3. Open Stremio and sign up with email or Facebook
Part 2: Real Debrid

1. Go to Real-Debrid: All-in-one solution
  2. Sign up
  3. Go to Premium Offers
  4. Choose a package and subscribe. I found that using Amazon Pay as the payment method is the most convenient (if you have an Amazon account)
Part 3: Torrentio

1. Go to Torrentio Lite - Stremio Addon
  2. Towards the bottom of the page, select the "Debrid Provider" option and select "Real Debrid" from the drop-down menu. This will cause a new text box to appear underneath.
  3. Copy the API key from this link Real-Debrid: All-in-one solution and paste it into the "RealDebrid API Key**"** box
  4. In the Debrid Options menu: Check the box "Don't show download to debrid links" and leave the other boxes unchecked.
  5. Click "Install" at the bottom. It should open the Stremio app and prompt you with an "Install Addon" window. Click the green install button at the bottom.
  6. Optional but highly Recommended - In Stremio, click the puzzle piece in the top right to view your addons. Click "My Addons" and uninstall the "WatchHub" addon. It's an eyesore and it clutters your streams list.
Now that you have completed the setup, you may install Stremio on any device of your choice (excluding IOS) and log in to your account to start streaming Movies/TV. Refer to the section below for Stremio installation on FireOS devices (Fire Stick, FireTV).

FireOS devices (Fire Stick, FireTV)​

After you have gone through the setup on another device, watch this video on how to install Stremio on your FireOS device
and then log into your account in the Stremio app. At this point you're good to stream. It will download everything that you just set up and sync your shows across all devices. However, some FireOS devices may not be capable of 4k streaming.

Edit 10/16/2023 - if you are on firestick, make sure to download the Android TV apk from the Stremio downloads section. The youtube video linked above was created before Stremio had an Android TV version. The UI is much improved over the base android UI for use on a smart tv.

Linux​

Use the flatpak and everything should work. At the time of making this guide, I had issues in the setup process on Linux but I'm pretty sure that was my fault for having weird defaults on my Arch install. You should be able to complete the setup process on Linux without issues and streaming is guaranteed to work. In the case that you run into issues, Just complete the setup steps on a recommended device first, then install and log into the Stremio app on your Linux device.

Additional information​

YOU DO NOT NEED A VPN.

Account sharing: You should only share your Stremio account with people who are connected to the same WiFi network as you. If you do not follow this rule, your Real Debrid account may be suspended.

Bugs/Glitches:

1. Sometimes, an episode of a show or a movie will display "No streams found" even though it should be available. This has only happened to me a handful of times, but the problem will resolve itself eventually.
  2. If the picture is black but the audio is still playing, you should go back and select a stream with a different resolution.
Issue: No streams are appearing at all, or none of them work. Here are the possible explanations:

1. Your Real Debrid Subscription has expired. Go to Real-Debrid and check your account status.
  2. Real Debrid servers are down/undergoing maintenance. Wait an hour or so, and then try again.
  3. You made a mistake while following the guide. My DMs are open if you can't figure it out. I'll probably try to help.
Credit to u/OnlyTheCruxes for most of this stuff because I kinda just copied their guide and added more detail based on my own personal experience with the setup process

Last edited:
I had a look at Streamio and stopped in my tracks when I saw the best way to do this was with a real debrid account. I had a google and saw someone recommending the bundle for 6 months at $17. This isn't too bad if the service is good.

I'm a total nerd and have been downloading torrents and file sharing since the late 1990's. I understand this isn't for everyone, but it's free. I also get the fact that some people just want convenience and want to watch on demand. Just surprised that so many people seem to be big fans of it, considering there is a cost to get the best service.

I had a look at Streamio and stopped in my tracks when I saw the best way to do this was with a real debrid account. I had a google and saw someone recommending the bundle for 6 months at $17. This isn't too bad if the service is good.

I'm a total nerd and have been downloading torrents and file sharing since the late 1990's. I understand this isn't for everyone, but it's free. I also get the fact that some people just want convenience and want to watch on demand. Just surprised that so many people seem to be big fans of it, considering there is a cost to get the best service
I was big into torrenting, but i don't bother now I just use Stremio, as its much more convenient.

Personally I think Weyd and Syncler are better than Stremio as they scrape more providers and UI’s are better and are more customisable and Trakt integration is also better. Real Debrid torrent management is also better.
But for free Stremio is ok.

Personally I think Weyd and Syncler are better than Stremio as they scrape more providers and UI’s are better and are more customisable and Trakt integration is also better. Real Debrid torrent management is also better.
But for free Stremio is ok.
I like Syncler but keep going back Stremio can not say why i just do.

Just got Stemio up and running on my MacBook. Nice interface and really quick speeds, even 4k and skipping through tracks. I'll have a go at setting it up on Formuler box in living room later.

Thanks for the detailed instructions @Ferret. (y)

I haven't been using it that long, is there a way so you only get RD links, not the other links aswell that don't use RD.

So the family don't choose the wrong links?

Got it up and running on my Formuler box. For whatever reason the app isn't showing in the Play Store - so had to download and install APK manually from site - Stemio Downloads Page

FYI - use download = Stremio 1.6.8 ARM APK

It's running and working pretty good. A little clunky, but I'll persist and see how it goes. I did a search for one of the last films I watched "Black Rain" and saw there were no streams available for it. Sure it's a film from the late 80's - but I was hoping it might have more options rather than the latest Netflix/Cinema releases.

I've been using it on my Formuler box for months and every now and then i get an issue witht the app or the streams not loading, but nothing major, so can't complain for the price etc.

Got it up and running on my Formuler box. For whatever reason the app isn't showing in the Play Store - so had to download and install APK manually from site - Stemio Downloads Page

It's running and working pretty good. A little clunky, but I'll persist and see how it goes. I did a search for one of the last films I watched "Black Rain" and saw there were no streams available for it. Sure it's a film from the late 80's - but I was hoping it might have more options rather than the latest Netflix/Cinema releases.
You got a Debrid account running on it or just using it Free ?

It’s definitely available on Syncler and Weyd. I only got one link on Stremio 720p.
Syncler links.
IMG_3259.jpeg
Weyd Links
IMG_3260.jpeg

You got a Debrid account running on it or just using it Free ?
I got a 90 day account just to see how it goes (y)
I removed 720p and lower resolutions from showing, so that explains why I didn't get the 720p hit for Black Rain - thanks @Aristotle

Been looking up random films that wouldn't be so popular and I'm pleasantly surprised that most have at least 1 option. I would be interested to set this up for my parents, to save me downloading everything for them. I need to do more sanity testing myself before I commit to this. I am their technical support for everything and the more seamless the experience, the better (for my sanity) 😂

I got a 90 day account just to see how it goes (y)
I removed 720p and lower resolutions from showing, so that explains why I didn't get the 720p hit for Black Rain - thanks @Aristotle

Been looking up random films that wouldn't be so popular and I'm pleasantly surprised that most have at least 1 option. I would be interested to set this up for my parents, to save me downloading everything for them. I need to do more sanity testing myself before I commit to this. I am their technical support for everything and the more seamless the experience, the better (for my sanity) 😂
You can add torrents to your RD account and watch them through some VOD apps. You can with Weyd and Syncler. I think you can with Stremio but don’t really use it tbh. It’s handy if it is obscure content and you can’t find it through the search feature.

Edit.
Just checked Stremio and you can access torrents you have added to your RD.
They are available below Featured-Movies and Featured
-Series. The menu is called RealDebrid- Others.

Last edited:
This is great stuff guys, thanks a lot.
I'm a stickler for quality and my NAS is already pretty full with 2160p content. I was considering buying more storage, but the tight Scotsman in me is reluctant to do this. I've been impressed by Stremio and RD so far for the cost.

I'll have a look into Syncler and Weyd. I don't mind paying for something if I see value in it. I would rather pay "someone" to provide this service than buy hardware and have to manage it myself, especially when family requests come in

Back