STV HD not clearing

yeah i have 6 in total too...4 "new" ones and 2 "old" ones. only the old ones work for me.
if you're in a different netid then it may not be affecting you as of yet.
I'm in Ayrshire but using the Glasgow net id can't remember it but if u want to try it I'll find it for you .

Last edited:
think this might change on the 5th February as virgin are moving HD channel to channel number 103 on official boxes for STV HD in Scotland
when this happen with BBC2 HD in England moving to channel number 102 in December it became FTA
check here
https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/exclusive-virgin-media-uk-reveal-move.html

Going by the link information I think us in Scotland just have to be patient that hopefully after VM complete all their channel changes everything sorts itself out.

strangely bbc2 hd did become FTA but it then changed in my netid it's now using my line, so no longer FTA.
yes just checked with red button no BBC2 SD or HD in England here FTA which means VM might be breaking the law as I thought channels had to be FTA for bbc1&2,itv SD etc..?

Last edited:
yes just checked with red button no BBC2 SD or HD in England here FTA which means VM might be breaking the law as I thought channels had to be FTA for bbc1&2,itv SD etc..?
BBC2 SD is on channel 865, or should be, but it's blank for me, signal is 99% and not accessing my line.

00002 mate but both work for me but if you've got someone with a proper vm box you can check which yours is

I'm in Edinburgh mate. The reason I asked is I believe Chenks is Glasgow and he is using 00002 also but still having same issues.

The Channel data that ABM brings in is dependent on what Virgin has. All that is going to change in the provider file is what frequency is used to obtain that data.

Different area to guys having a problem (40985) but just updated ABM provider files and rescanned tio see if any changes have been made.

The STVHD in the entertainment bouquet no longer clears but there are two in the last scanned and the second one is fine so just moved that. BBC2 HD and Sky News HD both clear fine.

I always watch BBC/STV HD channels on freesat (its only Ch4 that is not available in HD) anyway as they are FTA but appreciate if you dont have that option thats not going to help.

Hope you guys get a fix soon.

Back