Swaping external hdd for a usb stick

I don't need the hdd any more so i want to swap it with a usb for recording the odd fta shows , the hdd is wasted really, how do i swap it and initialise it many thanks for any help.

Just plug the new one in and Normally menu/setup/system/storage device/initialize. After make sure your epg is set to save to your usb stick.

This is what I did when I changed drives, I would think it would be the same for a USB stick,

1. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation, Select your drive and format it
2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Ext3 to Ext4, Select your drive and change filesystem
3. Menu-info Panel-Plugins- Swap Manager, Blue to create 256mb, Green to activate, yellow to autostart
4. Reboot

If you use Crossepg;
1. Ensure Menu-Setup-Crossepg-Config ?storage location? is correct, if says ?internal? change to ?your usb drive name?
2. Menu-Setup-Crossepg-Download Now and let the epg update
3. Ensure Menu-Setup-EPG-settings ?EPG Location? is correct if says ?internal? scroll to ?/media/hdd?
4. Menu-Setup-EPG-load/save ? save EPG

This is what I did when I changed drives, I would think it would be the same for a USB stick,

1. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation, Select your drive and format it
2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Ext3 to Ext4, Select your drive and change filesystem
3. Menu-info Panel-Plugins- Swap Manager, Blue to create 256mb, Green to activate, yellow to autostart
4. Reboot

If you use Crossepg;
1. Ensure Menu-Setup-Crossepg-Config ?storage location? is correct, if says ?internal? change to ?your usb drive name?
2. Menu-Setup-Crossepg-Download Now and let the epg update
3. Ensure Menu-Setup-EPG-settings ?EPG Location? is correct if says ?internal? scroll to ?/media/hdd?
4. Menu-Setup-EPG-load/save ? save EPG
Whats the difference between the first set up and cross eps ? cheers

Back