switch from openpli to open vix

If u use the vix in post 2 above it has sky skin. I also updated it last night and there are 2 different versions. One for clines and 1 for nlines :-)
First id run bootloaders

Ok.
If it doesnt say made in ..... on case and both boards are printed then u SHOULD be ok.
But up to you.
Vix is a much better image on these though.
You can try the image without the bootloader. But if its not flashing it would leave it bootloader is ur last resort

ok tried bootloader from downloads, managed to then flash for vix, it says done after flash but every time I reboot after flashing the box just sits idle at boot up page

---------- Post Merged at 02:06 PM ----------

this is weird but I think box is bricked

dcc will connect and says box is alive and well but it wont boot up. telnet shouldn't connect if stuck in boot up. got a feeling that there is no longer any mount to store flash too

Hi dude. Yes its not too bad. If u have a pc to transfer ur 'line' back on after. And a usb stick thats going to live in the box permanently. The steps and a decent preset image can all be found here

Vix Apollo037 Cloud ibox2+ SkySkin 05/08/14 Btldr

But to stress again make sure u have ur line before overwriting pli.

This is exactly what i have been scouring google for which brought me to tech kings.

I have already flashed my box from pli to openvix apollo37, but all the extras in this backup will save me some leg work.

Much appreciated when i gain my download privileges.

just hijack someones thread wappa, try making your own thread. need to keep on topic as I think my box is now bricked

Its not bricked. It a glitch in the new bootloader/image/hardware. Hdmi related. Happening loads of people including me in 3 diff houses. If u try on diff tv it will progress past boot. A way which may temporarily fix is
Power off box, cable out. 2 mins.
Tv off at wall. Back on. Select correct source. Power on box. Any better?

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ----------

In the same dl section use the vix 022 for now for you. Will work without loader

Last edited:
Hi sucmnsee Im getting the same box stuck on boot. Ive switched off for a few minutes but still the same. Ive used the bootloader you recommended and also image. Any other suggestions.

guys i think the only thing you do when this happens is
1 try a different tv
2 roll back to old bootloader and image (both available in downloads)

same here, tried dif tv, dif image and bootloader. dcc is saying no mount, not sure how to remount on cloud as it don't do it like on a dm but im certain that is the issue. what we need is a version of dcc for the cloud then we can bring box back

---------- Post Merged at 05:07 PM ----------

btw suc

im not that guy Ireland you know lol

Paul Ive managed to get it working now. I downloaded bootloader 29/05/14 then once this was flashed I downloaded vix apollo 022. It stayed on boot for a few seconds after it flashed then it shown up as vix on tv.

that bootloader is an xspeed file that doesn't upload on my box

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ----------

that bootloader is an xspeed file that doesn't upload on my box but GIVE SKEL A HERO BADGE CAUSE VIX APOLLO 022 FILE FREAKING WORKED.....SO FAR SO GOOD. will report back if any more problems

Ok then this looks like its the image rather than bootloader.
Going to try a box with new bootloader and old image. Then im going to try online update to new and see what kernel reads.
Let u know

---------- Post Merged at 06:11 PM ----------

that bootloader is an xspeed file that doesn't upload on my box

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ----------

that bootloader is an xspeed file that doesn't upload on my box but GIVE SKEL A HERO BADGE CAUSE VIX APOLLO 022 FILE FREAKING WORKED.....SO FAR SO GOOD. will report back if any more problems

Ps. To run an xpeedlx bootloader after flashing to cloudix folders just change the name of the folder from xpeedlx to cloudix

lol im happy as hell now. everything is working as it should be and I can no longer complain. great teamwork on this thread and forum made 2 of us very happy......peace out peeps, got some tv to watch

Cool.
You'll find most of tsmedia isnt working properly.
Doing a 29/5/14 bootloader with vix 022 and dumbguys updatrd Tsmedia now. Will post when done.

Back