switch from openpli to open vix

paulkelly

is it possible to switch from 1 to the other lol if so how. box running ok but want to switch to openvix and i m not sure how

yeh i just did this today, and the vix image back up is excellent, but like sucmnsee said ftp your line out the box first.

hi sucmnsee

yeah got pc and know how to jump my lines around with dcc

been trying to over write with usb but with no joy, with lookin more for info on how to rather than file

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 PM ----------

hi sucmnsee<br><br>yeah got pc and know how to jump my lines around with dcc<br><br>been trying to over write with usb but with no joy, with lookin more for info on how to rather than file<br>

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 PM ----------

oops bit of a glitch there

have been following those instructions but with no joy
stuck with what to do next but it looks like ive got old boot loader on box if im reading it right

Ok. So start with a usb formatted to fat32. If uv a couple it could be handy in case any have been corrupted. U wouldnt be able to tell as they work appart from flashing.
In cloud downloads there's two bootloadrs.
Whats the serial number of ur box? It has date in it

Does it say made in .... on back?

Sn is normally more characters. Like lx2014080986
So 2014/08/09 86

If it doesnt say made in .... on case and u want to be sure it isnt a clone that might brick with a bootloader u can quickly pop out the 5 case screws and take off top (easy). If both boards say airsat ddt then you should be good

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 PM ----------

I only say this because bootloader could require a pain in he ass fix if its a clone

when I run barcode thru a scanner it says LX20148135

---------- Post Merged at 11:58 PM ----------

I only want the sky look alike skin, It came with openpli on it with that skin but while updating I had a power cut and it crashed and got stuck in boot mode, I reflashed with openpli but cant find that skin. if I have to use openpli then so be it

Make sure u cover all txt at top of barcode and try scanning couple times. Still same?
This bits new to me. Mine scans as above

---------- Post Merged at 12:02 AM ----------

Id say fun kit and give it ago. But I always have a couple sitting about.

Last edited:
yeah still the same bud

everytime I reboot it just goes straight to openpli and starts ok. will open it up tomoz and have a look, bit late now and gunna be zzzzzzzz real soon

So first id try running 29/5/14 bootloader. Just to make sure its on 1st. Let me know if u cant work it out.
Then run 05/08/14 bootloader.
Then ur ready to flash the image.

---------- Post Merged at 12:06 AM ----------

Yeh give urself 2 hrs to be safe. But u could be done in 30 mins. U seem to know what ur at :)

Yeh ull b sweet then.
If ur usbs dont work, download a free low level format tool and run FULL format before FULL pc format. Resurrects them :)

Last edited:
Yes mother.
Sorry mother.
I wont do it again mother.
Please... not the cupboard agian mother. I promise. The voices made me do it :) lol

Yeh but only if you put he anteater in there with me again!

Its not so ............lonely then :(

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 AM ----------

I've a wile feelin its near bedtime ye know. Fun kit'd lol

lol back again

have opened the box and it say on both boards "AIR DDT (few other latters and date stamps)

if anyone can point me to the sky skin for pli or is it just a vix skin

Back