System Low on Virtual Memory

ok done that how do i find out the info G.

You need to unzip/unrar that download to its own folder to reveal the files & the run the file "hwinfo32.exe"

The icon looks like this dee

infoqmu.jpg

You need Winrar, WinZip or 7Zip to extract the files dee.

-

down loaded winrar G now what do i do.
If i can help Dee.
Double click Winrar icon and install it in your system.
double click HWiNFO32(portable zip) 3.10. G. and expose the files then click on "hwinfo32.exe"

thats it its installed,then just run the programme and it will reveal your system details in total.
Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Gman

Nice Post Rocky

shows how thick i am, can set up 2 bunk beds without instructions and a tv cabinet in 90 mins can`t work this out even with all the help.

shows how thick i am, can set up 2 bunk beds without instructions and a tv cabinet in 90 mins can`t work this out even with all the help.

Install winrar & then you should see the icon change on the file you originally downloaded.

Right click it and choose to extract it to whatever folder name it assigns itself. Open that folder & run the file you need to get the Info on your system. "hwinfo32.exe"

-

should`nt this just click in and work.

on the mother board we have.
3.3v 8gp cord will cause permant damage 1.5v-ag p1.

f s b 800
d d r 400.

should`nt this just click in and work.

on the mother board we have.
3.3v 8gp cord will cause permant damage 1.5v-ag p1.

f s b 800
d d r 400.

The reason I'm asking for your Motherboard details is this dee,

You mentioned that your PC was home built (Non branded)?

Some older boards do not support 1GB sticks but I'm assuming that Crucial know this and wouldn't have recommended them to you if that was your situation.

But now there is one other factor we need to clarify?

You wanted 1GB of PC2700 but what speed is it in MzH?

-

im about to give up, this is wot iv got on the old ram

256 133 mhz ddr266
processor speed 2600 mhz
processor type celeron cpu.

i can pull the old one out every time the new just does`nt work.

im going to take it to a mate to see if he can get out of it, he has 2 1gb for sale at £100cheers G,had,Knot for the help you`ve all been BRILLIANT.(y) lets hope its f*^ked up. lol

im going to take it to a mate to see if he can get out of it, he has 2 1gb for sale at £100cheers G,had,Knot for the help you`ve all been BRILLIANT.(y) lets hope its f*^ked up. lol

Wait there dee, he has two 1GB Ram stick for sale at £100? :eyebrow:

yes dan works with me dad so il get them cheap as dad gives him veg. like my box free.

dee judging alone from what ive read and without looking up anything your mother board probably wont even support 2G's of ram,which is what Gman was getting at in the first place, and i most certainly wouldnt even consider spending 100 pound on ram for it either if thats what your saying! sounds way too expensive, mem upgrade should cost you at max between 20 to 40!

I was abit confused, dee £100 is way to much, on average £20 to £30 per ram, the bottom line is that it all depends on the type of RAM, but you shouldnt have to spend that much dee.

still trying to get the new to work, the ones from my m8 came with a graffic card 2. if no joy today he`s popping over to have a look.

Back