This is doing my head in!!

healm

Hi Lads, what am I doing wrong here, I'm trying to download loader and bin file & save them to my desktop, but can't, WHY!! I've followed various steps over the last couple of hours, but still having trouble with something I would have thought was so simple, let me know what I'm doing wrong lads ......but when you reply......treat the response as I know nothing cos I just can't do it .......all I need it to get both loader & bin file saved to desktop also do I need some sort of software to open it, thanks martin

Hi TK, Thanks for help mate video useful but can't get that far, my problem is step one, I have tried to download both bin file & loader to desk top, tried to do that from administrator, but when it's done I can't open it, do I need software to open it if so which one do I use, Thanks

Yes cacti me and null are always mobile if need be and if too far good old royal mail will bring it to me and now done 2 slybox F5s with the help of bees so now a little...and i do mean a little bit crossed over to the "dark side" Haha (easier than flashing the KV..seriously no joke..!)

Hi Lads, forget about flashing the I keep looking at the yellow guy on Catikids response got to say it is pretty funny especially when he starts banking his hand down good one!........Ted thanks for offer mate may take you up on that but I'll see how I get on over next couple of days, I'll keep you posted right now I'm off for a beer!! martin

Well healm i hope you get sorted if not then you know i am around.. Ted..ps if you start on the spirits after the beers then we know you still cant find the loader and bin file..!! haha

URGENT HELP NEEDED...got all the cables, down loaded the loader, clicked on the green download button then it comes up with.......... a small box "code send" and asks for a file name, what do I put in, & do I have the boxed switched on at this stage, it's taken a week to get this far, anyone live in leeds, yorkshire that could help,:boo: thanks again lads

You need two files, the loader, and the latest "bin" file which is the firmware, they are both in the download section.

The loader is used to transfer the firmware to the box.

Look at the third picture in the tutorial here

and follow the instructions, make sure the "bin" file is selected.

Oh, hit the start button on the loader, then switch the box on with the switch at the back

Last edited:
Hi Bees, thanks for that mate, I'll try it tomoz now, as I'm off for a pint, thanks I'll let you know how I get on

URGENT HELP NEEDED...got all the cables, down loaded the loader, clicked on the green download button then it comes up with.......... a small box "code send" and asks for a file name, what do I put in, & do I have the boxed switched on at this stage, it's taken a week to get this far, anyone live in leeds, yorkshire that could help,:boo: thanks again lads
You started this post in capitals so you are now breaking things,shouting and the box is getting closer to the bin... and also well on the spirits now... you have wasted a whole week of your life that you will never get again (Maplin took 48 hrs of mine.. s.o.b selling me a R232 cable instead of a null modem..long story..!!) and if you could see how long it takes to do it would be curtains for you bro..!! haha.. Seriously.. healm it will send you mad and its something probably so trivial you will kick yourself..!! Dont waste another week...I am off all this week so keep me entertained until you give up..!! Ted

Ted, Ted come on mate give us a clue here, your all right saying I've wasted a week, I've been married to our lass for 27 Years, taken her all over world and she still finds her way back!! the box is going to be obsolete by the time I get it up and running, thought I'd downloaded the software, plugged it in sat back with a grin on mi face rubbing mi hands together waiting..........and waiting then there it was a box with all the formalities on, anyway to cut to the chase,..... how do I know I have the downloaded the software..........in type..do I leave it as the default PAL or change it.....network I'm with NTL do I leave it at that...and finally do I search ALL or Network.....I have done all this and no channels appear.........I have only connected the scart from the box to T.V. at the moment, I don't need to connect the cable from router to the box at this stage do I, thanks Ted Merry Christmas!

Hi unable to get any channels, before it starts searching it comes up with 1 already exist.. 2 already exist...3 already exist and so on up to number 7 then try's to search but nothing, I thought you had to choose an area like for instance I'm in leeds but I may have search Sheffield etc help us out here, already looked in the STICKYS 2 hours!! nothing on it not a sausage took a day off to sort this, another thing is I've just been reading when you've loaded the loader & bin file on to box do you have to load additional latest software

If your starting with a 'factory default' on the installation page and your still getting 'already exsist' multiple times then it can only be a bad flash.. did you use the 26th May 2013 bin file from the download section here.. you will still get all the channels if done correctly although the latest update online is 16th Aug 2013... but for your benefit may 2013 is what should say on yours if you press...Menu... scroll down to system info...and top line is date..26/05/2013.... if you have any other eg april 2012 then it wont work..!!

---------- Post Merged at 04:45 PM ----------

You have taken a day off work.. sending it by post would of still been cheaper and the old woman would have avoided another day of you screaming the place down..dont torture yourself bro..it will be the best 18 quid ever spent and the box is all done and upto date for you just to scan and watch and i will guide you through that bit as they leave from essex all working so if it dont work your end... its "user" error..haha.... Ted

Ted, I have used Bin file dated 11/11/2012, it would be good if the site had mentioned that, it now owes me a week of my life, I'll try update if not it's on it's way to you £18 is that return post ta

at one time it may have worked but not now,download this file to desktop and if needed extract it first before opening the kv loader,select browse and find that file you downloaded and that should load it to the loader,null modem cable connected to box and kv and box powered off at REAR,press download on the kv loader and power on kv if done correctly will load firmware and box reboots,then factory reset 0000 to delete make sure you have your coaxial cable connected and scan ALL IN THOSE STICKIES.

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=374

Back