This is doing my head in!!

Hi tried to follow the above when I start download with box switched off at the back and try to load Bin file is comes up with a box named STB Editor......the downloading is not requested. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, also tried with bow switched on

are we sure 100% you have a null modem cable?,on the kv loader you may have a choice of ,com1-com4,if com 1 does not work try,2 etc etc.

try going on your pc then control panel double click on device manager follow it through and look for which com port your pc is using,try it when your connected to KV

The old out of date bin file..love it..!! and its only 9 quid for next day delivery..cant have you wasting anymore viewing time..but with the right file now (may 2013) as cactikid has nicely done AND the correct null modem cable..then have one last go and then send it as it will drive you mad...just a shot in the dark but are you near essex or london..? ps this thread was started by you healm..10 days ago..i would have gone loopy by day 3 (and i nearly did..!!) and rode by bike in the rain to someones house in this forum (bees was closest although still far) and paid them in cash to make my box work..!!

---------- Post Merged at 02:04 PM ----------

"download not requested" is either wrong null modem cable or the timing is out when switching the box OFF and then ON just as you press start... Did you save it to desk top..and then when you click on the download (green box) on stb loader and then you get the smaller box up in the middle of page..just going to check..!!,Ah yes..Code send box comes up..on the right click the box marked open..it will then come up with some files..click once on.."Kryptview_A780_26052013" that will now go into file name down below..then click open on the right you will then go back to the Code send box.. press start.. box off and then on... in the middle the blue download bar will appear(if download not requested comes up ..wrong null cable or timing is out...STOP try it once more then give up and send it to me and you will only lose 2 days of your life..as you have no way of checking null cable is not a R232 one and bin file has been extracted correctly and saved etc) and 80 seconds later its done..and yes i timed it..inc "flash burning" and then you WILL see "download successful..!! I have used this same method and have NEVER failed on multiple boxes so trust me i know..!! Ted

Last edited:
Hi Lads, got say a BIG THANKS for giving me all the advise, Ted I followed what yeh said, and the software has down loaded, what it was,... was I didn't switch the KV off and on as I started download, so that bit's done bin file date is 26/5/13............Now here we go......I have just done a scan, and it comes up with 1 to 7 saying "already exists" does not give me an option to choice an area such as lets say Essex or Sheffield etc etc, I thought I would get that option also at what stage do I plug my modem cable from the KV to the modem also..........on channel search do I stick with "Network" or go to "All" Thanks again to all of you lads, brilliant site, and Ted Your a top man.

do you have your coaxial cable connected to correct port of receiver,what if your scanning on wrong provider have you tried another yet?

Looking at the back of your KV the coax cable/vermin feed needs to go in the top left...and you may think your ntl but vermin can use anyone of their cable networks.. as cactikid says try the other networks and if still coming up 'already exsist' loads of times then vermin feed is not connected/working..or still a bad flash...did it come up 'download successful' when you flashed the box with may 2013 bin file..?

Hi lads... CACTIKID Connected coaxial cable to correct port top left RF in, and then just scart lead out to TV...............TED yeh right, I choose EX-CW and tried Barnsley and channels down loaded but the a green message comes up saying "Scrambled or no video"..so I have done a factory reset, and choose Sheffield area, but it still come's up with "Scrambled or no video"....hence no picture, the also tried turning box on and off still the same, any ideas, Thanks again.

Is a wired connection being used between the router/hub to box, the lan connection on the box should have a flashing light.

41053 [Leeds, Telewest, scan on Network.

Thanks lads I'm kind of sorted, but there's always a but........a few channels missing says "scrambled or no video" also all HD scrambled...forgot to update using telewest network at the moment still updated with EX=CW

Hi Lads. Just another query should I be able to get "on demand channel " with KV780 box, if so how, thanks

No you won't get that, they used to put on some PPV boxing etc
but I don't no weather they still do.

You will have a channel somewhere showing fight previews / adverts if you are going to get them

Thanks lads I'm kind of sorted, but there's always a but........a few channels missing says "scrambled or no video" also all HD scrambled...forgot to update using telewest network at the moment still updated with EX=CW
Glad you got sorted Healm.. we ALWAYS get to the bottom of our KV faults..but did you get your net id from a genuine sub box as that could be why your missing channels..do you have the "main ones" slysports movies bt sport espn cartoon network (no comedy central before you ask..!!) eurosport (moto gp) etc

HELP!! Picture Freeze, Thanks for info cactikid,.... got all the channels you mention Ted, just a query mate.....some channels freeze, lose signal then come back on, I had a 6 & a 3 Forward Path Attenuator, inline I have removed the 6 so now have just have a 3, any ideas how to sort it, do I need to remove other or do I go other way and add more, Thanks

channels do sometimes freeze or on occasions go scrambled but you learn to live it
yes.gif

HELP!! Picture Freeze, some channels freeze, lose signal then come back on,
I had a 6 & a 3 Forward Path Attenuator, inline I have removed the 6 so now have just have a 3, any ideas how to sort it,
do I need to remove other or do I go other way and add more, Thanks

Back