Time To Gather Round And Tell Me I Rock :)

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
So, My new Octogon box arrived Today, and I hadn't a clue what to do. Cactikid pointed me to a Tutorial (which I shall simplify somewhat, and post here) which I couldn't make head nor tail of.
I then started to look at the tutorial after setting up the box and it started to become clear. there were a few pieces (Downloads and steps) missing, but after swearing several times and threatening to feck the box out the window ;) things started to fall into place.
I now have a working Octagon box (using Vix(which is why I have put this thread in the VU section)) with a Sky numbered list, with a working EPG, with my cam on it and working, So why am I posting??

I just need some guidance on the Autobouquets, when I go into Menu>setup>service searching>autobouqetmaker i get the option of Sky Ireland/ sky UK, should I tick both, or just one?

also, I am missing a few channels, will autobouquet find them (BT Sports, for starters) or can someone give me a new channel list, or instructions on what to do.

After that, I deserve a few drinks while watching football. Now All, Congratulate me for being deadly!!! :) ;)

Wheelo

you just pick uk. otherwise you will get two channel lists. it will autmaticly pick up stuff in your local area. however, if you watch the 3 oclock football on the irsh channels you are best to use rats channel list. it is easy to use if a channel goes off you just hit the download button and it will update as quick as autoboquets. if you are in ireland obviousley you pick the irsh channel list in autoboquets.

Last edited:
no wheelo is in ireland so use sky irl hd,i use it and no channels missing and have them listed in the sports section,dont think setanta is on the english list.
thought it would have taken you longer lol,what firmware is on it 808? as they changed it monday lol(y)

So, I tick the Ireland box, will this delete the list I have? Because I really want a sky numbered list.

I am not allowed to use the box until 2100 so I can't tell what firmware is on it till then. I saw your post earlier Cactikid about new firmware, and commented on it. Grrrr.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

no sentana is not on the english list. that is why if you are in the uk and like sentana. you are better off with rats channel list. the new firmware it is not really worth updating to all the apps work in the same way. it actually says "you should not notice any changes from the last update" i was hoping it would have a transcoding feature as it has not i have not bothered. as for your qustion about the channel list i think you will have to re-flash your box.

Last edited:
no it will not delete the uk list however, it will put a full irsh list on as well which gets a bit messy. plus it will update the 7 day epg on both channel lists

Kernel 3.9.1
build 808
Ver. 3.0
That's what is on it, but for now it is probably good enough. If I were to get rid of my channel list, then turn on autobouquets for sky ireland, would that get me a full channel list? or should I just turn it on and see what happens?
If I need to start from scratch, that is no problem either (he said with a swagger on), is your channel list sky numbered Cacti? if so, could you send it to me, or point me in the right direction.

if you pick the irish channel list yes you will get all the channels. however, because you have downloaded the uk one aswell it will not overwright it. so i would suggest just re-flash your box use the latest image if you like. then use autoboquets and pick the irish channel list. this will keep things nice and tidy. yes they are numbered. if you use open tv for your 7 day epg it takes the info from the same source as sly. because you in ireland it is best you use the irsh list as using the uk one could cause glitching on your server. we get this over here if we watch the 3 oclock kick offs on sentana

i dont use the sky numbered channel list lol,most people use cccam i dont i use mg,curious why an irish sky list is messy as it would match our sky box numbers

what it dose cactikid is actually create 2 channel lists one sky uk and one sky ire. so you pick one or the other. if you live in ireland you must pick the irish list. as wheelo has already downloaded the uk one i am asuming i dont know any way of removeing the uk one . so he would have to reflash his sat box or put up with 2 channel lists. it will not just overwrite the UK one if he downloads the irish one. so therefore one long messy list.

dreambox edit you ftp a channel list to box as if i needed an updated list for multisat it loads it to box,it will overwrite your last list with new channels and settings.

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWLvffUZLSM

Last edited:
And the winner is. . . . . . *drum roll* . . . The Cactikid. . *wild emoji_clap*.....

Before I saw these last two posts I messed around with filehippo and managed to delete the list I put on, then freaked out because I couldn't get a new list on, calmed down and saw the mistake ( missing a step in a step by step guide is not good lol), and bingo I now have a sky numbered channel list with the Irish channels on it.

No doubt I will mess around again and screw up. . . . . Watch this space LOL

Thanks for your help lads

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i would also suggest to have all files etc loaded onto pc labelled octagon 8 so anything that is needed,like mgcamd ipk file,nline,channel list,dbe are all in one spot so you dont have to start digging and makes life easier,all 3 pcs have copies for 4 boxes i have,i lose things lol.
so how are you enjoying it m8?

@Cactikid, Do I just go into filehippo and highlight everything, then copy??

Yeah , really enjoying it, finding my way around the menu, added picons, found the way to stream to pc, lots of things I didn't know it does, any other fun things I should add (apps,add ons, etc)?? Or other things I should know about it?

on demand player
ts media
you should create a manual swap file if you are going to set up a 7 day epg. on open t.v

install cacheflush
some will say you dont need the swap file however, it is better to be safe than sorry. or you will be resetting your box evrey couple of days.
vu+ player if you want to watch stuff on the go. however, you will need good upload and download speeds.
you can link your sat box to your pc. and play any music or watch any films stored on your pc.

Last edited:
anything i downloaded was still on downloads page,like ipk files as i have one solo2 running cccam have that ipk file in solo2 folder and the other ipk file mg in other 3, i would only download these files from wos so i know there good,from the net you dont know what else you get with it.
by highlighting everything you may get stuff of no use to you,and when you get another box tomorrow all bits be there to use from the one folder.
only box not having a swap file is the solo2,never used cacheflush yet think thats to do with people going mad with plugins lol.
so money well spent,now to get the older model up and running as i now have more kingston 8gb usb micro sticks for the epg and swap file lol.

yes all i have on mine is the few apps. then the reciver is connected to my pc hardrive where all my music and films are.

Back