Time To Gather Round And Tell Me I Rock :)

So should I start again, or can I not now undo what I did? I am brave enough to try it again. lol

I know I am asking several questions, but, just so I am sure, I'll list them . Can you guys answer individually, so I know where I stand (without confusion)

1. is it just those 4 files that you recommend me saving safely?

2. should i use your .ipk file?

3. should I redo the line via newcamd rather than CCcam.cfg as it is an Nline?

4. should I stop bothering you guys with my newbie questions? lol

just checked what i have in solo folder, dcc, mgcamd,strange uk channel list oopps lol, enigma 2- plugin-cams-cccam 2??...575kb, also enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd..326 kb. vuplus.line,and newcamd list.if by any chance you factory reset you lose your line hence having in more than one place is good.

not my ipk file but you can still add it as your box may run better? you can have 2 and switch cams for another provider.

i dont run cccam as as nline so unsure.

have you washed the dirt off your box under the tap yet lol:fartlight::fear:

all my apps i just download using the box itself as it gets them from world of sat anyway. stuff like my line i have a copy onf the config file on my pc the same as mgcamm. it is also on my skydrive so will never loose it.
you dont need to bother saving anything apart from your line for obvious reasons. the only reason i save the camm is to save me downloading it again. you can if you want back up the whole image once you have it running propley. then go into media/usb your backup image will be there and just make a copy on your pc.

Last edited:
i would have used different one .
post11

Adding n-line help needed plz.

Changed it to this one at your recommendation (all by my little old self) Also changed to Newcamd.list Even found the .cfg files needed. (y)

just checked what i have in solo folder, dcc, mgcamd,strange uk channel list oopps , enigma 2- plugin-cams-cccam 2??...575kb, also enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd..326 kb. vuplus.line,and newcamd list.if by any chance you factory reset you lose your line hence having in more than one place is good.

Okay, in my backup Folder, I have my Channel list, Mgcamd.list, enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel (326kb),

So what is a dcc, a vuplus.line, Do I need two diff. sized enigma2-plugins? I also notice you have newcamd, and Newcamd.list, is this a typo error?

I also did the two backups from the Vix menu (image and Oh, I cant remember) and have them stored them on the HDD (found out how to format a 500GB HDD to FAT32 ;) )

vix and other images if you notice call somethings plugins and others extentions a plugin i think is something that stays the same until you update the image. where as a extention is something that can be updated using the current image examples are tsmedia and channel lists

the newcamd list stores info about your lines

if you do a backup you should just have one directory
use the media scanner plugin you will see how many backups you have done and where they are stored. you have to becareful not to fill up your internal memory.

So I was recording the match last night, and wouldn't you know that it forked up on the night that we thumped Un**ed 3-0.

I pressed record, then chose Record indefinitely. after about 40 minutes a message came up on the screen that read something like "error recording - Disk full??" the octagon is recording onto a 500GB HDD that has only been recently formatted to FAT 32. is it because of the size of the file? is there limitations of the size of file that can be put on a FAT32 HDD?

also, is there a user guide on using the paused viewing (time lapse) recording?

has the hard drive been iniatialised,mounted and did you convert ext3 filesystem to ext4,just checked on duo.
when i set recordings i select channel first then red button brings up 7 day epg for that channel,select program then green button and green button again you should see an icon next to program.

not checked or looked at time lapse.

I did mount it, it recorded for 40 mins, error message, record again no problem.
How to initialise and convert to ext 3 (4) ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Done and done, just testing now! Told ya I'd be back, didn't I.

Originally Posted by cactikid
just checked what i have in solo folder, dcc, mgcamd,strange uk channel list oopps , enigma 2- plugin-cams-cccam 2??...575kb, also enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd..326 kb. vuplus.line,and newcamd list.if by any chance you factory reset you lose your line hence having in more than one place is good.

Okay, in my backup Folder, I have my Channel list, Mgcamd.list, enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel (326kb),

So what is a dcc, a vuplus.line, Do I need two diff. sized enigma2-plugins? I also notice you have newcamd, and Newcamd.list, is this a typo error?
Anything for this one Cacti?

Last edited:
file size yes as per file , i thought was disc size lol

FAT32 has several limitations and drawbacks compared to NTFS. From bittorrent usage perspective, the limitation of the maximum file size of 4 Gigabytes is the most important one. Information from Microsoft

if you are using a usb just for picons and epg it is always fat32 (8gig max)
if you are using a hardrive for recording it is best at ext1
taken from vix forum wos
think of your sat box a bit like a pc your usb 8gig below should be fat32
hardrive in our case linux os ext 1

Last edited:
I recorded a programme last night for just over an hour with no problems, thanks lads.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Changed it to this one at your recommendation (all by my little old self) Also changed to Newcamd.list Even found the .cfg files needed. (y)

I also did the two backups from the Vix menu (image and Oh, I cant remember) and have them stored them on the HDD (found out how to format a 500GB HDD to FAT32 ;) )

third time lucky fell asleep lol

dcc is dreambox control centre,never used it,it has telnet and ftp properties and maybe you could download films on pc and insert to folder on box to play.
notepad pro installer 6.1
vuplus is the community of vu
HTML:
http://vuplus.com/
line is the important info saved on pc if you factory reset.
enigma2 plugins you choose if running a cline or nline and of different sizes if on 2 different providers like n and c you need both and get box to autostart for using correct one.
enigma2 plugin -cam-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3 mipsel has the mgcamd and newcamdlist combined and you will see 2 separate folders when using filezilla to edit.
other file folder for solo2 is the enigma2 but its the cccam 2.1.3 i use in that.

Back