Tivimate And 4k Streams

pupuqiop

TK Supporter
Just a bit of a general question here for those who use TIVI. Last season when I watched the BT (now TNT) uhd stream my tv recognised it as HDR content - it gave a little symbol at the bottom of the screen and annoyingly the picture was a bit darker. This season, no uhd notification from the tv, picture doesn't go darker but tivi still shows it's supposedly 4k. Anyone know why this is?

Just a bit of a general question here for those who use TIVI. Last season when I watched the BT (now TNT) uhd stream my tv recognised it as HDR content - it gave a little symbol at the bottom of the screen and annoyingly the picture was a bit darker. This season, no uhd notification from the tv, picture doesn't go darker but tivi still shows it's supposedly 4k. Anyone know why this is?
Yes seems when the BT app closed and all TNT moved over to discovery app some changes were made and it meant the HDR has now dissapeared from these feeds.

Which is a real shame as the HDR was what made the BT stream standout out from the rest of the 4k ones

Yes seems when the BT app closed and all TNT moved over to discovery app some changes were made and it meant the HDR has now dissapeared from these feeds.

Which is a real shame as the HDR was what made the BT stream standout out from the rest of the 4k ones

So excuse my ignorance, but is it still 4k?

It didn't help with my colour on hdr, the screen was noticeably darker
With HDR usually you have to make changes to the picture settings eg on my Samsung it was the same until I realised changing picture from Natural to Standard fixed it and made a huge difference.

With HDR usually you have to make changes to the picture settings eg on my Samsung it was the same until I realised changing picture from Natural to Standard fixed it and made a huge difference.
I did lots of tweaking but couldn't get it to look as vibrant as normal channels did. The picture quality was bang on though really sharp.

Yeah the feeds changed, but don't you have setting on TV to manually change to hlg hdr? If the source isn't hdr it might not look the same as previous.

However, TNT Sports Ultimate will offer fans coverage of selected events in up to 4K picture resolution with high dynamic range (HDR) - representing colours and action in almost life-like quality - and Dolby Atmos sound.

Same here all HDR content on my Samsung was watching with the lights out! I tweaked but couldn't get it right!
I've got a Phillips Ambilight and the only "solution" I could find was by going through every setting in the picture settings and copying what someone had posted online worked for them, but even still it wasn't great - from reading oblong other TV's seem to have one setting you could alter but no such luck with mine.

I did lots of tweaking but couldn't get it to look as vibrant as normal channels did. The picture quality was bang on though really sharp.
What works for me is when i go to to the hdr channel, picture then goes darker, then I go to picture settings on the tv and set it to HDR vivid setting and that fixes it for me. I also have the Philips ambilight tv

I've got a Phillips Ambilight and the only "solution" I could find was by going through every setting in the picture settings and copying what someone had posted online worked for them, but even still it wasn't great - from reading oblong other TV's seem to have one setting you could alter but no such luck with mine.
Suppose I should be really pleased for having the privilege of 4k streams lol and don't ask any questions!!

Yeah the feeds changed, but don't you have setting on TV to manually change to hlg hdr? If the source isn't hdr it might not look the same as previous.

No, I had a really good look around at the time to see if there was such a setting but no such luck. Just found it a bit strange that this season it's changed but tbh I'm not really that clued up on technical specs of TV's.

Well mate you bring it on yourself sometimes mate you are supposed to be at the top of the tree when it comes to iptv.

What on earth are you talking about now Mike? I've asked a question about tv settings and people have been kind enough to take the time to reply. Your comments on the thread are most peculiar.

Think it’s more to do with the brands of TVs and how they display what we say is hdr my 65 inch Samsung I had to literally do same as you but I found football mode a little better than standard.
My lg tv upstairs just wouldn’t have any of it going through the tv resolution settings but I was tempted to mess with brightness ect.
what happens if you tried a true hdr video on YouTube or if Netflix streams in hdr (don’t have) if they do that is it still same outcome

What works for me is when i go to to the hdr channel, picture then goes darker, then I go to picture settings on the tv and set it to HDR vivid setting and that fixes it for me. I also have the Philips ambilight tv

Pretty sure that was still dark too on the HDR channel.

How do you like the ambilight? I'd find it really hard to go back to a non-ambilight tv now I think.

Back