Unlocking an i phone

moggser

Right i have a I phone Its jail broke but it seems it needs unlocking i think as i cant get my meteor sim to work on it

any help will do
thanks very much

over here moggs we can use a Bladox Turbo Sim. apparently that works.

info from mdfreeman.

Thanks man that won't unlock this though. It's 3GS 3.1 BB 5.11.07 from US bought last week.

Cheera man. Have not much experience in unlocking these. I have a feeling this baseband and firmware will be the next sn0w out. Hopefully it is already but I don't know too much about them.

Never heard of it mate! It's for her boss. He bought 3 in the states but I'm not spending any cash to fix them but I'll look into that cheers! (y)

It says they have no plans to release an iphone unlocking sim.
Don't know why she told him I could unlock it!

Just to update I used blackra1n on it yesterday and it seemed to jailbreak at least but now it won't boot up it's stuck in recovery mode so just about to download a custom firmware that will update to 3.1.2 but won't update the baseband. Fingers crossed it will return it to normal at least!:doh:

Last edited:
found this mooley hope it helps you in some way...

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/file/142180931/789c6b3e/iPhone_Jailbreak.html

Thanks man I'll come back to you later after I tried. Nice one! (y)

Just checked that now thats the feckin thing that it never rebooted from cheers man! Blackra1n!

Last edited:
Hi Mooley
I thought the sim devil would do,i remember seeing a version advertised as doing an iphone,i did a little checking and this is what i found
The 3.1 firmware includes a baseband update which patches the exploit used by ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone. By upgrading to 3.1 you have also updated the baseband version....hence you have now lost the ability to unlock your iPhone...possibly forever.
Even if you downgrade the firmware back to 3.0, unfortunately it will NOT downgrade your baseband version.
You can now only use the iPhone with an official carrier or wait for the slim chance that the iPhone-Dev team finds another exploit.:sorry:
and here is a conflicting report just to confuse the issue
Wat you can do is downgrade the firmware to 3.0 and then unlock it.
Download ispw 3.0 (google it). Go in itunes and press shift + restore and then chose the ispw 3.0.
Then use redsn0w to unlock.
Done!

Last edited:
Thanks sinno. (y)

I read that alright but the thing is it's firmware 3.1 I tried to jailbreak with Blackra1n then it just didn't reboot. It's 3.1 with Baseband 05.11.07. I believe 3GS with firmware 3.1 comes with a different baseband also that is unlockable. From what I've read, if it were a couple weeks older. Thanks for the info and help lads. (y)

Because 3.1.2 and 3.1 is possible to jailbreak I don't see the reason that a program I read about for cydia (something like Fuzzyband) can't change the band because it could change all other baseband once the firmware could be jailbroken it could be changed?

Last edited:
Thanks sinno read through all that but the original posting won't work with out-of-the-box. Has to be previously jailbroken. After I do the official update I have redsn0w so will break with that.

Back