Update on E2iPlayer

Update is available on openatv 6.3 anyway, used menu setup software management, advanced options ,package management, scroll a bit it's there (it's also on software update but I don't update )

20/1/19

Last edited by a moderator:
Update is available on openatv 6.3 anyway, used menu setup software management, advanced options ,package management, scroll a bit it's there (it's also on software update but I don't update )

20/1/19

That works for Openatv 6.2 also. So handy for anyone on 6.2 or 6.3. Doesn't work for the older versions though

i went here
https://gitlab.com/e2i/e2iplayer
downloaded the version.py
https://gitlab.com/e2i/e2iplayer/commit/ed256e8947f0a55d3ca26809d021b06ecd265c15
Version number bump
"Increase version number in order to make the recent changes visible and fetchable for plugin"

filezilla open usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extentions/iptvplayer/delete "version.py" then copy version.py u downloaded to dir.
e2iplayer updates to ver 20/01/2019
Increase version number in order to make the recent changes visible and fetchable for plugin

HI celticfc and thank you for this trick
I have file version.pyo (not py) I renamed it and put the new version.py
The title of the plug in window is changed but when I try to update it tells there is no update (I tried with the three update servers : default /.. Vline.. /gitlab
I am missing anything??
Thx in advance

Changing the py file does the update automatically.
Just delete the version.py you have and replace it with new one. Might have to reboot.
You don’t need touch the pyo file.

I reflashed my box and updated as mentioned samsam must be allowing updates to be pulled through which is good for us all that appriciate his work shame he couldn't black list the ones that gave him abuse for taking time to go away with family

Not a biggie but I have the 20th Jan version and it says 'no links available' when I click on BBC. Anyone else finding that?
Thanks

Not a biggie but I have the 20th Jan version and it says 'no links available' when I click on BBC. Anyone else finding that?
Thanks
Try reebooting box mate I had it other day rebooted box and worked or try different links not every link will work

20/1/19
theres 2 in packet manager (enigma2 plugin-extensions e2iplayer) and (enigma2 plugin-extensions e2iplayer deps) which is the one i install thanks

Thanks
I've had the same problem for a while. I use watch series instead as stuff can normally be found on there.
theres 2 in packet manager (enigma2 plugin-extensions e2iplayer) and (enigma2 plugin-extensions e2iplayer deps) which is the one i install thanks
I have them both installed, e2player used to require the dependancies (dep), not sure if it still does but install them just in case

I've had the same problem for a while. I use watch series instead as stuff can normally be found on there.

I have them both installed, e2player used to require the dependancies (dep), not sure if it still does but install them just in case
installed both now got the update thanks alot much appreciated thanks

Seems like theres a lot more channels now giving the No Valid links Available message, thats using the 2019.01.20.01 version, anyone else getting this?

Seems like theres a lot more channels now giving the No Valid links Available message, thats using the 2019.01.20.01 version, anyone else getting this?
Only mainly use watch series when gorilla vid I think it is top link dosnt work I tend to tyr second one if that dosnt work I use the daclipse one and that works there's loads of links to choose from

The problem with BBC iPlayer has been for a good number of weeks now, it started when the BBC made it compulsory to sign into iPlayer with a registered email account around 1-2 months ago. after this the 'no links available' started, it most certainly has nothing to do with the 20.1.19 update and has to be iPlayer server related. Whoever is managing the e2iplayer software will need to make changes.

As ITV Player is working fine in e2iplayer and normally requires a login I am gathering there are ways around the problem.

Back