Wanting to buy a box but....

hibbmtfc

Every C-line in the past ive had problems with glitching/going offline/scrambled which is kind of putting me off.I sold it to my girlfriend.I have 20meg BB speed so i cant see it would have been anything on my end,using ethernet cable.Ive been on a few different servers including one from here and its the same on every one of them.Just dont want to spend £45 on a new box and buy a C-line and have the same old problems with it

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 PM ----------

I had a clone box so would buying a genuine box make any difference?

you buy crappy boxes and expect them to work better ,they dont it is well known they glitch more than better boxes.did you research those boxes before you bought it?save up and get a better box.

XP1000-BOX-FRONT-500x500.jpg

price dropped to £99 from wos.

At the end of the day I guess it is all down to what you expect from your investment.
I bought a Skybox F5s and tbh had very little trouble with it,but it is just a very basic box with limited functions and not particularly quick.
I then took a little time to read about some of the better boxes and with the Vu range being well out of reach,I chose the Octagon SF8 after reading Wheelo's review and guide (thanks for that).
The difference is night and day.No more pissing about with epg updates every few days,a truly interactive tvguide,the ability to stream through tsmedia and so much more.
Cactikid is right...the glitches that I used to get now and again on the skybox hardly happen on the Octagon
I am afraid that there is no such thing as a perfect glitch free service but there are some very good providers out there that have minimal disruption....but don't expect to pay £20 a year lol

So how much would you have to pay for a subscription for the octagon box and where can i see this review and guide from wheelo

Damn...can't find the review
Maybe it was somewhere else
Anyway guide to setting one up is here http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo2-support/56931-enigma2-box-vix-setup.html
The Octagon as posted above will be delivered with any image you choose.
Subscriptions can vary greatly so ask in here http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...end-good-cccam-pay-server-138.html#post326181
I am sure that your inbox will fill very rapidly ....try a few before deciding to take one out and always ask for a test line first

Will a genuine box work better than a clone box ie less glitching ect or does that depend on the server weather its genuine or clone

To be honest a genuine box will always work better several reasons for the F5s, You go to 1 site skybox cc to get your updates on firmware ,Not chasing all,round for one , you can get epg on a Genuine box the glitching can be down to several reasons What is your internet speed, How are you connected to the box, And the server, My f5s has no probs i get very little glitching ,If you buy a cheap line you will get it a lot as they tend to be C-lines and over subscribed

My internet speed is 20meg as i can download at top speed of 2mb when downloading something and i connect via ethernet cable.TBF the lines i bought were cheap.Guess its easy to buy the cheap ones when you get promise it will be glitch ect free which is just a load of crap

That plus a subscription is too much money for me

---------- Post Merged at 09:23 PM ----------

Basically id like a box that can get every channel including box office but not bothered about HD channels

I wouldn't spend too much with everything that is going on at the moment re card pairing etc £50 for an F5s is plenty.

i must be one of the lucky ones.... i bought a box off fleabay for £39 set it up, updated it all with no problems at all... then got my line for a £10 a month, also from fleabay, but not from the same bloke , just updated for my 2nd month... in the month ive had it ive seen it freeze no more than 5 times and and only for literally 2 or 3 seconds.... the bloke has taken the listings down now so hopefully the server wont get over run.... so dont really have to spend alot to get satisfaction :)

I have a line for £40 for 12 months and only now with about a 20meg BB is my F5s completely glitch free...the network port on the skybox is slow, crazy slow....takes a few minutes to DL a 5mb EPG list .
Check the network cable and see if you can stream Youtube videos without stuttering etc.
Is there a firewall on your modem / router...it may need set up to allow the IP address for the box to communicate online freely.

Back