Wanting to buy a box but....

How do you setup it up to allow the IP adress for the box?I have a firewall on my PC,how do i find out if theres one on my modem/router?

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 07:24 PM ----------

My sky firewall settings.Not a clue what to do tbh.Any help would be appreciated

firewall.jpg

If you don't want to spend a lot then try the Cloud IBox2. You can get these for around £70. Agree with others you get what you pay.

How do you setup it up to allow the IP adress for the box?I have a firewall on my PC,how do i find out if theres one on my modem/router?

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 07:24 PM ----------

My sky firewall settings.Not a clue what to do tbh.Any help would be appreciated

View attachment 11474

I've no idea how the setup is on the Sky router but .........

If you can find the DMZ settings, you could add the box's IP address to that.
With port forwarding, you'll need to look at the details in your CLine for the port number it should be the number directly after the URL

The line may look something like .....
C: my.shonky.server.org 1234 user pass blah blah blah

1234 is the server port

You're not using wireless are you?

Not got my box yet but i was using ethernet connection on my last one.Had problems with every single C-line i had.Thanks for the response guys.Also whats the first things i should update when i get the box

First thing would be to update the channel list
Firmware is an option but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it" lol
Get the picon set if you want the little icons on the channels

Could you point me in the right direction please

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

Ive still no idea how to forward a port and what settings to use for firewall or do settings for my box ip adress or how to find it

your probably best getting the box and then worrying about the firewall part of it IF you need too... your last box might have just had a slightly faulty connection, or maby a dodgy ethernet cable, or possbily just bad luck with picking the clines.... if you need any help i can inbox you where i bought my box and my cline and you can check them out . ive had no problems at all with either of them :) just letme know.

Ive sorted it now and added AJ's list.Anything else i need to do?Using a C-line my girlfriend has that was terrible and perfect so far.Done the port forwarding thing and allowed it in firewall on my router

Latest one was back in April. ..go to the skybox site and it will list all the firmwares with a list of bug fixes for each one

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i don't think having a fast internet makes a lot of difference, i use a blade 7000 at my caravan at weekends and only get less than 1gb speed and that runs 2 laptops and my box dosen't glitch

Back