Wii Softmodding

sinno

VIP Member
Wii Softmodding for all wiis up to and including 4.2

Here is a complete download for softmodding your Wii all the way up to and including 4.2,its not just for 4.2 it will do all Wii's,there is a guide and different versions of bannerbomb included,follow the instructions carefully and do what it says correctly and you will be modded in no time
Neither I nor Techkings will be held responsible for any problems encountered while installing this software
LINK
When you get to the end of this guide and are on 4.2 you have to dop the ios 70,connect your wii to the internet and download the ios 70,the dop ios will do it automatically if you are connected to the internet

Last edited:
fair play sinno, i was in the middle of a tutorial, but getting nowhere, saves me the heartache:happy:(y)

Hi guys,
just trying to soft mod a wii for my niece, i do the forst folder and create the homebrew channel. i then add folder 3 to the sd card(Wii was on 4.1), open the homebrew channel, press home then choose bootmii a grey screen with bootmii in the bottom left and some squares with Wii, The homebrew channel, Sd in them appear, but it seems to freeze there.

any ideas, thanks

Sorry wheelo your bang on,it sounds like bootmii has launched instead of the wad manager,try puting the contents of part 1 onto your computer of your sd card,format the card,put contents back on sd card,then put contents of part 3 onto sd card overwriting whatever it wants,did you get bootmii as a ios or boot 2
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/310332651/4.2pack3.7z
This is part 3 again just in case it was a bad download

thanks for your reply anyway sinno, here is what i did to solve it., i put part two onto the sd, installed the four ios, then uninstalled, then put part 3 on the card and continued on, and guess what, it worked, dunno why, much less care why. it's done now and all is well in the house. the kids going back to london after crimbo will have a modded wii and lots of new games for it and their DS's

and just re read your post, i had managed to boot2 as well as as an ios

As the guide above is catching you out here is the easiest guide for all Wii's upto 4.1 this will not work for 4.2
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/323614321/uberguide_update.rar
I nor techkings accept any responsibility for any damage caused to your wii,you do this at your own risk
That said i have done about 20 with this guide,follow the guide carefully

Just saw your reply wheelo,anxious moments,i have had around 2 of those ones,glad your sorted m8,you might have to do one for Mark Hughes now

Last edited:
managed to get it done,,, WOOHOO, i must get the uber guide, i used it before the demise of yahfaze, and found it easy enough.
Cheers once more sinno

have to get a microphone, cos i now have the beatles as well it will happen though:taz:

The kids wii says its version is 4.1e, anything in particular to know about this version?

What do i need exactly, an sd card or HD to connect to the usb to play games that way?

Couldnt believe it didnt have an ethernet connection on the back of it, have to get a usb to ethernet adaptor. :(

Hi Axxo,
if its a black one you will want a externall usb hdd,you will need a sd card to get the mod going 2gb is enough,at 4.1 they supposedly allowed for sdhc cards but i know a 2gb will work,format it first.
when you have the mod complete you will need usb loader gx or equivelant loader,then get wbfs manager for your pc,this will be used to format your external hard drive and load your backup iso's on to the hdd
did you try a wireless conection on the wii,when it asks to update press NO

thanks sinno, i used your uber guide and i have homebrew and neogamma r7 installed, i presume neo launches the backups so ill burn one later to test it out, does neo run from usb hdd aswell?
i dont think ill bother connecting it to internet at all as i have enough competition here in the house as it is lol

its the white version by the way. i robbed the misses 4gig sd card from her digital camera to do it :) took all the pics off first of course

yep you can run the games on hdd with neo,where it says launch game on dvd just press to the right and it will say launch from usb and mount wbfs device,you will only get a text view of each game no covers in 3d

That one may also have the new drive and might not play the backup,its worth a shot,also get preloader its a must to help prevent bricks and it also can stop games updating your firmware

Last edited:
thanks sinno, you mention a preloader, whats this and how do install it? burning a backup now so ill let you know how it goes.

this is preloader you should ony need .29 version and get the hacks ini 4.1e
Code:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader
let me know when you have it and i will guide you through it

Last edited:
Back