Windows washer

roysrolls

Hello I have Windows Washer and I want to clear everything off my PC exept the Internet connection would Windows Washer do that for me ,or is there another way of doing it hope you can help thanks take care best regards

Hi roysrolls.Dont Give up,it is the weekend,We have some very good folks here,with excellent knowledge
And experience on pc and labtops.But it is the weekend,a lot of people are out and about with there family's.I am sure when they see your post,if they can help you, they will do all they can to do so.
(y)

I am not familiar with windows washer, so I can't advise you on its usage, but perhaps if you could tell us a little more about your problem we could offer something up. Are you having performance issues or possible virus/malware issues? Or are you just simply wanting to do some house cleaning?

Hi thanks for the reply well to be honest its my sons PC there is so much rubish on it and its really slow and he asked me to clear it out for him but he wants the Internet connected at all times, because he had a lot of trouble Installing the SKY router and broadband when he had it ,so I was wondering would the windows washer work for him its the only thing I have that I know would put his PC back to factory reset ,is it that difficult to Install SKY broadband and router I dont know ,I would love to help him but dont really know what to do cheers take care best regards

What operating system is he running? Windows Vista and 7 will almost completely take care of the internet connection on their own. You shouldn't have to do much more than adding the username and password. However, I am not familiar with sky or if things are setup differently on your side of the pond. If it wasn't for his reluctance to have to redo his internet and it is that loaded with junk, I would go for a re-install and get it good and clean. But that may not be an option for you.

Window Washer is basically for removing Internet history as far as I know & won't be of much help in this case I would imagine.

Sounds like your sons machine needs to have the operating system reinstalled.

thanks he is not on VISTA or 7 its the one before Vista and that sounds great a really good clean out back to factory reset ,I am on broadband cable pretty easy to Install but what he said about SKy I am not very confident about that ,thats my only problem to do a factory reset is it keep pressing the F8 key untill a window appears with options I am not sure hope you can help me there cheers take care best regards

thanks he is not on VISTA or 7 its the one before Vista and that sounds great a really good clean out back to factory reset ,I am on broadband cable pretty easy to Install but what he said about SKy I am not very confident about that ,thats my only problem to do a factory reset is it keep pressing the F8 key untill a window appears with options I am not sure hope you can help me there cheers take care best regards

It would be helpful if you told us the make and model of the PC.

From what you say it looks like it's running Windows XP & some systems come with a recovery partition but not all, some require the OS disc to do a clean install.

Back