Zgemma H2.S OpenVIX (latest) Sky Themed Image

yee hah ...thanks for that ....Its up and running 99% perfect ....... just a timeshift niggle ..... think its because image has been set up with a hard drive and im still on usb .. gonna format usb to ext3 and see if that sorts it ... cheers

Yep ..... thats got it ....... image is running perfectly and looks the biz ...... thanks all who helped ..

Last edited:
This looks great. All up and running after I switched the region and rescanned the EPG. Great work ;)

Any chance you could help a newbie out and point me towards a post that will help me switch the FTA SD channels in the All Channels list for their HD equivalents?

This looks great. All up and running after I switched the region and rescanned the EPG. Great work ;)

Any chance you could help a newbie out and point me towards a post that will help me switch the FTA SD channels in the All Channels list for their HD equivalents?

Hi,

I am not sure you might be able to reconfigure by looking at the Autoboquet settings and looking at the providers to see if you can change from Sky to FTA which might let you do it, I would check but the TV is in use by the wife at the moment so I can't

Also, for those who want the boot logo I have uploaded a 1080p version here https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lxlcvu1cgkihox/Sky1280w.jpg?dl=0, this picture is a combination of the Sky logo and the radio background from the Slyk 1 skin so I can't take 100% credit I just did the Photoshopping :-)

Enjoy

hi .
how can I upgrade my skybox with new firmware. thanks

---------- Post Merged at 10:26 PM ----------

hi .
how can I upgrade my skybox with new firmware. thanks

hi mate wrong section for sky box but download your firmware put on ubs,,,,,,pop in the back of box ,,,,,press menu on remote and go to upgrade by usb click that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the change the top part to abs go down en click ok en tick the abs ,,,,and en i think its yellow to update

---------- Post Merged at 10:44 PM ----------

yes thanks for reply lancable got it thanks

Just ordered this box, I don't know anything about these but I'm trying to learn.

I understand that you can flash custom images/firmware. I've been reading that Vix is not supporting this box so whoever installs this image on the Zgemma will need to block it from contacting the Vix servers or something of the like?

All other images have support for the box and are OK to flash to the box and allow them to connect to the servers?

What are the advantages of flashing the Vix than the other images , please can someone briefly explain in simple terms?

Thanks

Just ordered this box, I don't know anything about these but I'm trying to learn.

I understand that you can flash custom images/firmware. I've been reading that Vix is not supporting this box so whoever installs this image on the Zgemma will need to block it from contacting the Vix servers or something of the like?

All other images have support for the box and are OK to flash to the box and allow them to connect to the servers?

What are the advantages of flashing the Vix than the other images , please can someone briefly explain in simple terms?

Thanks

Sorted mine out, almost, but need help with installing the N-line. I notice MGCam 1.38 is already installed. How do i install/setup a n-line correctly.
Thanks for helping out a noob!!

Sorted mine out, almost, but need help with installing the N-line. I notice MGCam 1.38 is already installed. How do i install/setup a n-line correctly.

Hi,

If you save it in a file called newcamd.list then FTP the file with the line in it to \usr\keys and restart the cam that should do it (or restart the box).

wah007, you are correct OpenVIX has been patched to work with this box so does not have official updated, I have disabled automatic updating to prevent box bricks so updates have to be done manually.

Thanks

Hi,

If you save it in a file called newcamd.list then FTP the file with the line in it to \usr\keys and restart the cam that should do it (or restart the box).

wah007, you are correct OpenVIX has been patched to work with this box so does not have official updated, I have disabled automatic updating to prevent box bricks so updates have to be done manually.

Thanks

sorry to jump on the bandwago but can you explain exactly how to update the niline? i've used your skin (awesome) but the method in this thread http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...mnsees-image-every-step-explained-detail.html doesn't seem possible. can you walk me through what i actually need to do, i don't know what you mean by FTP or anything else lol

Hi,

Thanks

Cheers James!! All sorted now, thanks for your help.

Hi

firstly great work! and thank you! just bought the H2S and couldn't find a firmware like yours anywhere.

Having a few issues however and hoping you can help!

1. I keep getting a time shift error (its picking up the local internal drive rather than external). however i cannot seem to edit the path or location in the settings menu. has this been restricted? if not how can i change it.
2. is there any way of sorting the channel list to the normal sly default i.e. 101 BBC or in the same order as normal Sly. I am getting BBC west midlands instead of national BBC 101 (new to this just moved from openbox so apologise in advance)

Would be good if you could add the Channel Numbers on the EPG screen like real sky your first pic in thread #1. 101 BBC 1, 102 BBC2 etc.

Yes very good setup.

Would be good if you could add the Channel Numbers on the EPG screen like real sky your first pic in thread #1. 101 BBC 1, 102 BBC2 etc.

Yes very good setup.

Use autobouqete e2 from plugins but for me on the Zgemma 2s it seems to slow box down

Back