Zgemma S2 Need help unable to record and watch different channel

thanks for all your help so far
drummer
where can i download vix 153 please?

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ----------

Thanks for all your help guys that was meant to say.

Hi hi mate all safe images available here
Code:
http://www.zgemma.tv/

I had the same problem when I first installed cccam, i got around it by using mgcamd 1.38 but didn't try any other versions of cccam

I had the same problem when I first installed cccam, i got around it by using mgcamd 1.38 but didn't try any other versions of cccam

Yes it's strange that Ccam 2.3.0 is not available from openATV feeds..it is in Vix feeds.
mgcamd is the friend of N lines and Ccam works best with C lines..this is popular belief anyway..
i guess Ccam is slightly easier to set up than mgcamd..

drummer
- thanks, are you using a vix image or open atv?

welsh dr46on
- I have a cline, will mgcamd 1.38 work with this?

Hi I'm currently running Vix though in the past I have used just about every image
yes cline will work using mgcamd but your better off using Ccam in my opinion but it depends on your server some prefer you use Ccam and others mgcamd..
ccam is a lot easier to get set up running but that's really the only advantage.

If your planning on using mgcamd 1.38 use the files attached below then edit the newcamd.list with your details using notepad++ and place them in var/keys

Attachments

• files.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 54
and you wonder why people have issues,mixing and matching,if you do things correctly you get less issues,i think you want more.

Im gonna try reflashing box
Will give you guys an update tomorrow.

Cant thankyou all enough for all the help given today.
i hope to have good news tomorrow that I can share

Cheers

Guys No Joy. :(

At my wits end, spent the last 5 hours trying different combinations
Have 2 Zgemma S2 boxes. Tried re flashing both with (build vix 109) and then vix 131 & 153.
Builds worked, CCcam worked, recording worked. just cannot seem to watch another channel while box is recording.
This applies to both boxes.

I know its a big ask but could someone who has their box working correctly (recording while watching another channel) spare the time to pm/skype me to go through the steps.

Thanks

Hi mate,how have you got your drive set up..hard drive in a caddy or usb flash drive?.
are both your tuners A and B set to SIMPLE-SINGLE-28.2E..?
have you gone into settings/sat finder and checked that both tuners are locked and signal is good?
have you set up recordings in settings making media/Hdd default?

Also CHECK/MAKE SURE YOUR FEED INTO BOX IS IN CORRECT PLACE AND NOT BEEN INSERTED INTO THE "LOOP OUT".
Tuner A is the top feed into box not the bottom one that's in-line with tuner B..
This could be the problem as you will only have one tuner with a working feed.

Last edited:
Hi Drummer

Im lost as to what the problem is. Still no good.

I have attached images of the screens to see if its something that jumps out

IMG_20150310_200451107_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_200539599[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_200632875_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_200918535_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_201137582[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_201248155[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_201459617[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_201516626[1].jpg

IMG_20150310_202516648[1].jpg

In customise, change prefered tuner for recordings to Disabled.

---------- Post Merged at 12:23 AM ----------

Failing that give me 2 mins and I'll post tonights 153 vix backup. Tested record 2 while watching 3rd.

---------- Post Merged at 12:34 AM ----------

will put up a proper thread tomorrow but Vix Apollo 153 11/3/15 usual addons. working tsmedia :) etc. but try that disabled bit first

http://www.dropbox.com/s/x4ys6liq08...pollo 153 sucmnsee Backup 11.03.2015.rar?dl=0

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 AM ----------

Sorry i just noticed in recording settings my
timer record location and
instant record locations are both set to
<Deefault movie location>

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 AM ----------

And ur path for default is wrong. It should read
/media/hdd/movie/

For all the stuff that seems off here dude I would first re initialise ur drive. Then reflash. Then set up drive again

Hi many thanks for posting your settings at last i can record 1 channel and watch anouther

Last edited:
Hi Guys, is there a step by step tutorial for recording set up. I have bought a 32gb pen drive i believe it has to be formated to EXT1, any help would be appreciated.

Can anybody help me please? Since sky changed the frequency on the movie channels a few days ago, I'm having major problems with my zGemma s2. This is what I did:
Menu, plugins, download, settings, predrag 28.2
Then:
Menu, setup, service searching, autobouquetsmaker, scan and exit then reboot.
Now I'm really struggling to find even bbc and itv. Channels are all over the place and some don't work at all. Can somebody help me please. Thank you!!

What is Pedrag 28.2 ? if you go into service setting Abm Configure you can set your box to Auto update in the early hours mine is st for 5 am All you have to do is Scan in Abm

Back