Zgemma through firestick

Thank so for the guide. I'm probably missing something obvious, but even after following your steps, then going back to it with a fresh pair of eyes and doing it all again, the TV option doesn't appear on Kodi. Can you suggest why this may be happening (or more to the point, NOT happening)?

Thank so for the guide. I'm probably missing something obvious, but even after following your steps, then going back to it with a fresh pair of eyes and doing it all again, the TV option doesn't appear on Kodi. Can you suggest why this may be happening (or more to the point, NOT happening)?
Did you add a bouquet to Kodi to stop it from attempting to import all your channels. I did this and found that the bouquet I'd set up on the Zgemma had been saved with a slightly different name, as it didn't match exactly what I'd typed in to Kodi the TV option didn't appear until I changed it to match.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks @MrSpongeHead, I'll double check. I was unsure whether to add a space in between "Favourites" and "(TV)", and may not have done in the end. I'll give that a go when I plug it back in tomorrow (have to hide it at the moment as it's a gift for my daughter). A second, and perhaps even stupider question - how do I add a channel to the favourites bouquet? I've tried using the EPG but nothing appears. I tried pressing the favourites button, but cannot see a way to add to the bouquet. I'm using Wooshbuild v5.03 with the sly Q skin. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Could well be right Mr spongehead. Capital letters and spaces have to be identical.

Tv only appears once it starts loading the bouquet. Have you got the right ip address set in the vu+ client. Have you gone into the tv settings and checked it's enabled.

All worth a try.

Thanks @MrSpongeHead, I'll double check. I was unsure whether to add a space in between "Favourites" and "(TV)", and may not have done in the end. I'll give that a go when I plug it back in tomorrow (have to hide it at the moment as it's a gift for my daughter). A second, and perhaps even stupider question - how do I add a channel to the favourites bouquet? I've tried using the EPG but nothing appears. I tried pressing the favourites button, but cannot see a way to add to the bouquet. I'm using Wooshbuild v5.03 with the sly Q skin. Any pointers would be gratefully received.
Not sure if this is the advised way, but whilst watching a channel do the following:-

Press TV

Click OK on the bouquet the channel you want to add to favourites appears in (or select All Channels if that's easier)

Highlight the channel you want to add to Favourites

Press MENU

Select "add service to bouquet"

Choose the relevant bouquet you want to add it to

Hope that helps.

Adding to favourites worked perfectly, many thanks for the help. Now to wait until the girls go to bed to test if I can get streaming working...

It sounds like we've both had the same idea for Christmas, I've bought one for my eldest girl too. Hope you get it working.

Working perfectly now. Needed the space to the bouquet name and added favourites as instructed. Thanks so much for your advice MrSpongeHead, and of course to Asmad for the instructions. Being able to restrict the channels available via the bouquet is fantastic. Once again TechKings provides access to some very clever guys. I'm sure that my girls will enjoy the fruits of your collective labours. Respect.

No descrambling takes place on the fire stick . it is merely receiving a video stream from the zgemma that has already been descrambled so your line is none the wiser.
I've got 4 Ftv's in my house and remote stream to my android phone or iPad when I'm out and about.

I get how to set it all up within your own home network..but what way have you gone about to stream to your devices when your out and about?...this would be awesome but ive heard its also very risky as you have to open up ports from your home network to the outside world

No descrambling takes place on the fire stick . it is merely receiving a video stream from the zgemma that has already been descrambled so your line is none the wiser.
I've got 4 Ftv's in my house and remote stream to my android phone or iPad when I'm out and about.

I get how to set it all up within your own home network..but what way have you gone about to stream to your devices when your out and about?...this would be awesome but ive heard its also very risky as you have to open up ports from your home network to the outside world
Open VPN is the way to go.
Its a bit fiddly but eliminates the risk that opening ports and insecure tunnels to your homes network introduces.
Depending on your current router you may be able install ddwrt or tomato firmware and run open VPN from there.
That way only devices with the correct certificates/passwords can access the network via the open VPN server.
Its how mine is setup and only cost me £20 quid for a second router to run open VPN from.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Ive no idea If my talk talk router will support that..what router would you recommend for this? i was looking at the GLI GL-AR150 thinking i could just feed it from an ethernet port on my current router.

Ive no idea If my talk talk router will support that..what router would you recommend for this? i was looking at the GLI GL-AR150 thinking i could just feed it from an ethernet port on my current router.
If the version of openwrt for it supports openvpn as a server (which it looks like it does as it has 64mb ram and 16mb flash)
Then you should have no probs using that.
I went with a Linksys e2500 so I could use tomato firmware and have the extra Ethernet ports.

Last edited:
The zgemma doesn't have a gigabit Ethernet port does it? Anything more than 10/100 would be a waste

i went and purchaced a second hand linksys e2500.. struggling here to get the tomato firmware onto it. one time it said its the wrong file and the second time it started upgrading and cam up upgrade failed about 20% in. what version did you go for? any chance yo could link me to it?

i went and purchaced a second hand linksys e2500.. struggling here to get the tomato firmware onto it. one time it said its the wrong file and the second time it started upgrading and cam up upgrade failed about 20% in. what version did you go for? any chance yo could link me to it?

https://advancedtomato.com/downloads/router/e2500v3

That's the version I have installed.
Do you know if you have a v1, v2 or v3?
There is also an image for v1 in the downloads section.

Back