1st oled and I'm undecided on a Sony a80j or lg c1 or the cx which was last year's but cheaper now

Again it's pointless testing it on the instore demo set, as it will vary from tv set to tv set, not from 1 model to another.

You're thinking of a faulty tv set rather than a shortcoming of modern tech. There are also other things to consider like banding etc. They may differ from tv set to tv set, I haven't tested multiple TVs of the same model to confirm or deny that, but they should not be significantly different from TV set. If they are, then the OP will know his TV is faulty and can return/exchange it...

All this is pretty subjective, and there's no better way than the OP see with his own eyes rather than taking second hand advice.

As much as OLEDs are the best panels for TVs the big issue with them same with plasmas is the potential burn in you are likely to get.

QLEDs have come a long way for quality but still somewhat behind OLED technology.

If your happy with the potential risk of burn in then go for OLEDs. Unless you keep it on the same channel for long periods of time then unlikely the burn in issue will affect you.

I still have a trusty 100mhz Panasonic Vieira CRT. The picture is amazing. Don't use it anymore, as stored away .but to good to bin.. 2k I paid for that in 1999.

I still have a trusty 100mhz Panasonic Vieira CRT. The picture is amazing. Don't use it anymore, as stored away .but to good to bin.. 2k I paid for that in 1999.

I still have one of the last few Panasonic plasmas that they made.

Has been quality TV for so long but sadly recent years burn in issue has taken away some of the quality.

As much as OLEDs are the best panels for TVs the big issue with them same with plasmas is the potential burn in you are likely to get.

QLEDs have come a long way for quality but still somewhat behind OLED technology.

If your happy with the potential risk of burn in then go for OLEDs. Unless you keep it on the same channel for long periods of time then unlikely the burn in issue will affect you.
If you buy from JL they sell an accidental damage 5yr warranty for £140 that covers screen burn too.

Or if you buy an LG G1 (this years model) then that comes with a 5yr warranty from LG that also covers screen burn.

If you buy from JL they sell an accidental damage 5yr warranty for £140 that covers screen burn too.

Or if you buy an LG G1 (this years model) then that comes with a 5yr warranty from LG that also covers screen burn.

Oh right so that's a positive as previously with LG models like the C8 I don't believe the warranty covered screen burn issue.

So it's positive with such a major issue that can occur on OLEDs is actually being covered under warranty now if such an issue presents itself.

if you dont have the tv on 24 /7 and especially on sports channels that have static images like s-y sports at the top of the screen you are very unlikely to get screen burn in oled tvs have come a long way on the new ones

Hi,longest I'd leave it is around 90 mins for football is that long enuf for burn in?

That’s fine. More of a concern if you’re watching bbc news etc for 10/15 hours a day.
Cheers ,I just can't decide to spend extra 600 for the a80j or last year's lg cx,a further question does football look alot better on oleds.?

Hi,longest I'd leave it is around 90 mins for football is that long enuf for burn in?

If it's on the same channels for significant amount of hours every day then yes burn in issues will happen.

But 90 minutes it's fine you won't encounter such issues

That Sony for 1600 does it have sat tuners built in as i could have done without it and use my box instead and might have been cheaper.

If your going to use kodi etc Android is superior than lg or samsung is it not?

That Sony for 1600 does it have sat tuners built in as i could have done without it and use my box instead and might have been cheaper.

If your going to use kodi etc Android is superior than lg or samsung is it not?
Says it had Freesat hd but unsure if it's Freesat like a box or has EPG or uses Sony own system.

Yeh i'm pretty sure Sony (or LG, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung etc etc) don't do the same model just with different tuner options, for the sake of saving 2 quid.

Pretty much every tv now has sat, cable and terrestrial tuners as standard.

Yeh i'm pretty sure Sony (or LG, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung etc etc) don't do the same model just with different tuner options, for the sake of saving 2 quid.

Pretty much every tv now has sat, cable and terrestrial tuners as standard.
Have you got an LG cx if so could u post me a vid of the Freesat if poss

Back