(2-Pack) 300Mbps Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System - £16.99

Looks good and a lot cheaper than the mesh system I put in a few years ago. I think the one above only has 2.4ghz band (from what I can see on description), better paying the extra fiver and getting the 1200 model with both bands that, unlike a lot of other mesh systems, you can seperate the ssid and selct which band you want to use. Particularly useful if you get slow speeds on you phone due to bluetooth using 2.4ghz too. Experience talking there, haha

Any opinions on these? preferably from experience, I have no real problem paying a little more if the quality is so much better (both build quality and service quality)

Any opinions on these? preferably from experience, I have no real problem paying a little more if the quality is so much better (both build quality and service quality)
I bought these this week to test.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RXLF5XZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For £90 I thought they were excellent except the 5ghz seperation thing which could only be done through guest mode.

Now apparently Mercusys is meant to be part of tplink with a few stripped out features. Like I said above, the 1200 model which is an extra fiver gives more features and looks worth it. By the way Ialso noticed it is cheaper to buy two sets of two units than it is to buy the four set one

Someone pointed out those TP link ones several months ago when there was a special offer on - I missed it.
I noticed the price discrepancy between the four and the three pack version, its quite odd.

I'm not in any big rush to buy, Just this side of Christmas, should be fine. possibly get a deal on Black friday.
I think though its a prerequisite to have the both bands, though I may be wrong.

I bought these this week to test.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RXLF5XZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For £90 I thought they were excellent except the 5ghz seperation thing which could only be done through guest mode.

Now apparently Mercusys is meant to be part of tplink with a few stripped out features. Like I said above, the 1200 model which is an extra fiver gives more features and looks worth it. By the way Ialso noticed it is cheaper to buy two sets of two units than it is to buy the four set one
I have the Deco M4 units they have GB Ethernet rather than the 100Mbps on the E4 and they have the triple pack for £89.99 https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tplink-deco-m4-whole-home-wifi-system-triple-pack-10203767.html

I just have the Twin pack more than enough for my house.

More coverage and 5ghz seperate ssid from what Ican make out. Worth the extra few quid imo

Are you saying to buy the £90 ones, or simply to buy the 1200 model of the mercusys ones in your opinion?

I have the Deco M4 units they have GB Ethernet rather than the 100Mbps on the E4 and they have the triple pack for £89.99 https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tplink-deco-m4-whole-home-wifi-system-triple-pack-10203767.html

I just have the Twin pack more than enough for my house.

I may be misreading your post, but the M4 are £99.99 on Currys, whereas the E4 are £89.99 on Amazon (both triple packs)

I must draw a plan of my house pointing out my trouble spots, see if that makes any difference to replies.

I’d go for the tplink one , there are a few on here who would recommend them. I have a extended 3 bed semi and 2 of them cover it .first one connects by Ethernet cable to router but it doesn’t have to be in the same place as the router if that helps you spread the signal better.

I’d go for the tplink one , there are a few on here who would recommend them. I have a extended 3 bed semi and 2 of them cover it .first one connects by Ethernet cable to router but it doesn’t have to be in the same place as the router if that helps you spread the signal better.
There are M4 and E4 being linked to, both triple packs. Any opinion??

@wheelo , my mistake I had done search on google for deco m4 and I did not notice it was curries business
https://business.currys.co.uk/catal...8gJOEwD_SGqTZQjMbH0aAsH1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had then went to currys normal store to get shorter link did not notice the difference in price.
£10 wouldn't be the end of the world if they were far superior (or at lease £10 worth of difference), opinion? what is Currys business? why is it cheaper? I'm intrigued now LOL

There are M4 and E4 being linked to, both triple packs. Any opinion??

£10 wouldn't be the end of the world if they were far superior (or at lease £10 worth of difference), opinion? what is Currys business? why is it cheaper? I'm intrigued now LOL
the main difference is that the e4 only has 10/100 ports where the m4 has gigabit. The sites that list detail specs say both units use the same radio chips the wifi should be the same. I personally have the m4 and with 200mb virgin media fibre so I can get 200mb upstairs from second unit via ethernet connected to a GB hub

curries business is just that for businesses

Are you saying to buy the £90 ones, or simply to buy the 1200 model of the mercusys ones in your opinion?

I may be misreading your post, but the M4 are £99.99 on Currys, whereas the E4 are £89.99 on Amazon (both triple packs)

I must draw a plan of my house pointing out my trouble spots, see if that makes any difference to replies.
I would buy the 1200 model. At least you can return easy to Amazon if they are rubbish. Looks like you get outstanding value with them.
And I don't want to sound like a broken record but being able to connect to 2.4ghz/5ghz separately is a big advantage on these

Sorry I don't answer earlier, didn't receive notification

Back