2 way pull switch only works a certain way

Not sure how to quote someone , @steptoe , I meant the 2 commons on the wall switch and pull switch , not the 2 commons on the double switch.
No, still incorrect, one of the commons is a Live feed, the other is a switch wire, there is no wire from common on wall switch to common on pull switch using T&E strappers , only on 3c &earth switching, which this isn't.

No, still incorrect, one of the commons is a Live feed, the other is a switch wire, there is no wire from common on wall switch to common on pull switch using T&E strappers , only on 3c &earth switching, which this isn't.
See that other member hasn't posted since you put him in his place bud 🤣🤣

If you are referring to me. I was 100% correct. There are two methods, two wire and three wire. The two wire is also known as t&e strappers apparently.
You were 100% wrong,
The pictures clearly show what you call a 2 wire method,
That was why I asked the OP for pictures so I could clearly see what method was used,
The cable between the 2 switches is called the strapper ,

You were 100% wrong,
The pictures clearly show what you call a 2 wire method,
That was why I asked the OP for pictures so I could clearly see what method was used,
The cable between the 2 switches is called the strapper ,
No, there are two methods. The OP has one of them. The two wire method!

Well this thread sure brought back memories from my early years as an electrician the confusion caused by something as simple as a two way switch. The amount of ”electricians“ that struggled to grasp the simple concept was staggering so I can easily see why someone without the technical knowledge would find it hard, nice to see that roll on 40 years nothing has changed :ROFLMAO:

Well this thread sure brought back memories from my early years as an electrician the confusion caused by something as simple as a two way switch. The amount of ”electricians“ that struggled to grasp the simple concept was staggering so I can easily see why someone without the technical knowledge would find it hard, nice to see that roll on 40 years nothing has changed :ROFLMAO:
And that my friend is why I don't do domestic any more,
Too many DIY heroes that know it all that try to tell you how to do it, but really don't know very much at all.
I had a guy on facespace tried to play top trumps last week, he deleted all his messages when I posted, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I feel your pain mate I could see early doors where the thread was heading, no offence to the OP he was just seeking advice which is advisable if unsure, especially with electricity.

Sorry its caused so much trouble, I have sorted an electrician to come next week and will post on here with the solution, thanks
No hassle,
But all you need to do is put the black in one of the L terminals at your pull switch and the single red in common

There is actually more than 2 methods,
Go and argue with Google,
You were wrong, end off,
I'm off to brush up on my klingon, someone wants an arguement. :whistle:
Sounds like trying to wire a damn aftermarket radio in a Fiat car with no permanant live wire for the iso leads :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Back