2021 Champions League Final

also also ferguson's last CL win i think only scholes was a class of 92 - it was yet another iteration of ferguson.

His first Champions League 98/99 had nearly half the players in from the class of 92 let's not forget they done the treble that season. You are clutching at straws here.

Pep managerial career is just over a decade old and he has already won everything a manager could dream of in the world of football apart from the World Cup. Let it sink in.

Back up your point, name me some managers that won more than Pep in their first 10 years of being a Manager?

Last edited:
His first Champions League 98/99 had nearly half the players in from the class of 92 let's not forget they done the treble that season. You are clutching at straws here.

Pep managerial career is just over a decade old and he has already won everything a manager could dream of in the world of football apart from the World Cup. Let it sink in.

Back up your point, name me some managers that won more than Pep in their first 10 years of being a Manager?
yes and i was not the one to bring ferguson into it. but he did win a CL without being gifted 4 once in a generation talents: something pep has never managed.

pep is not unique in what he has won in his first years. zidane has a hattrick of CL, two domestic titles and a domestic cup in 4-5 years. so having your first job at a dominant club is nothing that hasnt been seen before, or will be since.

mourinho in his first 10 years: 7 league titles, 2 european cups [at unfancied sides], a uefa cup, 2 fa cups, 1 coppa italia and domestic cups at porto.

cruyff first ten years : 4 league titles, 7 domestic cups, 2 cup winners cups, 1 champions league

paisley first ten years : 6 league titles. 3 league cups, 3 european cups, 1 uefa cup

peps first three jobs happened to be at the financially dominant clubs in their leagues.

he is certainly not unique in dominating the spanish, german or english leagues. or winning domestic trophies with those clubs. that has happened before he was there and will continue after he is gone, such is the mismatch between the big money and the average domestic side.

which is why leagues are a poor sandbox in which to test ones managerial metal. there are so many evertons, brightons and brentfords to pick apart. the real test is when you meet a peer. and his tactical flourishes have fallen flat at that level.

mourinho in his first 10 years: 7 league titles, 2 european cups [at unfancied sides], a uefa cup, 2 fa cups, 1 coppa italia and domestic cups at porto.

cruyff first ten years : 4 league titles, 7 domestic cups, 2 cup winners cups, 1 champions league

paisley first ten years : 6 league titles. 3 league cups, 3 european cups, 1 uefa cup

Pep first 10 years - 8 League Titles - 2 Champions League. 2 Super Cups, 12 Domestic Cups, 2 Fifa World Cups

As you can see Pep is up there with the very best. Not sure what's so hard to see [minus your financial reasons]. You named 3 Managers that all took on dominant rich sides at the start of their careers. What makes Pep any different?

Paisley took on a dominant Liverpool side in the 70s
Cruyff took on a dominant Ajax/Barca side in the late 80s/90s
Mournho took on a dominant and money fueld Roman Abramovich side in the 2000's

Soon as Pep does it you don't like it lol

Last edited:
As any United fan would say they envy how City is run and would have loved Pep at their club.

Financial backing or not he is a proven winner and is world class for certain. Yes he has had a barren spell in Europe and has made questionable decisions in Europe but that doesn't make him average.

Any top club would be honored to have his services that's how good this guy is. He breeds success and has been successful where ever he has been. Europe isnt the be all end all of achieving ultimate success imo. You can still be successful without conquering Europe like he has been with City.

Fergie will always the greatest ever for me. But if pep stays at city or even moves to another big club in a few years and keeps winning trophies then in 10-15 years you could make that argument for him.

Pep first 10 years - 8 League Titles - 2 Champions League. 2 Super Cups, 12 Domestic Cups, 2 Fifa World Cups

As you can see Pep is up there with the very best. Not sure what's so hard to see [minus your financial reasons]. You named 3 Managers that all took on dominant rich sides at the start of their careers. What makes Pep any different?

Paisley took on a dominant Liverpool side in the 70s
Cruyff took on a dominant Ajax/Barca side in the late 80s/90s
Mournho took on a dominant and money fueld Roman Abramovich side in the 2000's

Soon as Pep does it you don't like it lol
I was simply responding to you saying pep is unique in his achievements. He isn’t.

I agree it’s in line with other managers who got a start with dominant sides. I made no comment on the merits of the other managers.

though some of those names had great success with non top tier sides. And many in an era where financial dominance over the median team was not as stark.

when it comes to the business end of the top competition his big tactical gambles have not paid off for the last decade.

ive said he is a great manager, but he’s not way ahead of his peers. Or, as you have pointed out, other managers who managed financially dominant sides.

Bob paisley

pep will be getting rid of dead wood in the summer, rumours sterling will be going to make room. City get there transfers done early so be good to see who's up for sale

Pep could manage united, barca, real, juve ect.... and win most things 9 times out of 10, he's a top draw manager who manages the world's biggest football teams which in turn means they have money to spend, you can't turn round and compare pep if he went to Stoke lol its just not the way it works, he's top draw, and let's be honest, i think most united fans would want their club run like city's. Along with Chelsea, baz will tell you better then me, i dont know any Chelsea fan who dislikes Romans model
Only think I don't like about roman is he's quick to pull the trigger on managers but to me that just shows he wants his club in the right managerial hands his model and structure of cfc is 2nd to none Alot don't like him cause he's Russian but these people that don't like him would they say different if he owned their club absaloutly they would.
Whether political views or not personally I think people hate him for his wealth and turned us to one of the best in the world

pep will be getting rid of dead wood in the summer, rumours sterling will be going to make room. City get there transfers done early so be good to see who's up for sale

They need freshness in their team for sure if they want to go one better in europe next season. Sterling and few hour are not cutting it seems.

Only think I don't like about roman is he's quick to pull the trigger on managers but to me that just shows he wants his club in the right managerial hands his model and structure of cfc is 2nd to none Alot don't like him cause he's Russian but these people that don't like him would they say different if he owned their club absaloutly they would.
Whether political views or not personally I think people hate him for his wealth and turned us to one of the best in the world

Those who hate him trust me don't hate him for his wealth at all but other reasons.

It's good where Chelsea are today since he took over and what's he's done for the club.

But there is much more why some hate him than him being a Russian and a billionaire.

Pep Guardiola since joining man city in 2016:

£62 million on goalkeepers
£425 million on defenders
£152 million on midfielders
£205 million on attackers

£844 million spent in 5 years and the club have still won the same amount of champions leagues as Morecambe :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pep Guardiola since joining man city in 2016:

£62 million on goalkeepers
£425 million on defenders
£152 million on midfielders
£205 million on attackers

£844 million spent in 5 years and the club have still won the same amount of champions leagues as Morecambe :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

TBF United have spent stupid amounts think close to a billion could be wrong since Fergie left. Yet they havent won the league title since he left.

Have to be objective and not bias in such situations.

Back