3 network - better than it used to be

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I was always sceptical about going over to 3 network - often heard bad reports about signal etc.

However my nephew works for them and proved to me that you can get a signal in tunnels etc and places i cant with my current provider.

So have changed to 3 network as from beginning of june. Managed to get my phone and get my account deferred until next month - so a good start.
I have just got the Nokia E71 on 3 with FREE 3 to 3 calls, FREE skype calls and FREE internet ( fair usage policy - which is far more than any other network) all for only £20 per month with 200 mins and unlimited texts

im currently using a 3 PAYG sim so i can access planet 3 and use my FREE Skype to Skype and i have linked it up to my WLAN at home so i can play with the handset.
Its the Free internet that made me change as other networks charge like £7.50 per month again with fair usage policy which again does not compare to the 3 fup where you get much more.

According to my nephew no one has yet gone over the limit that they set so no one has been charged for internet access.

So its all still new to me until my contract goes live - but so far its got my vote!

Last edited:
it maybe better than it used to be! but its murder trying to get thru to them and for them to understand you

linny I've been on the 3 network the last 2/3 years, and Ive no problems, my son and hubby are also on the 3 network, and my son uses his for msn and facebook and so far so good :)

it maybe better than it used to be! but its murder trying to get thru to them and for them to understand you

Im lucky my nephew works in my local store so any probs and he WILL sort it for me lol coz if he dont well there will be trouble!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

so Anto do you get free skype to skype calls and yes when i go live i will probably use it for facebook and msn along with skype during the day whilst im out and i can set my emails up to that handset, so can sit and play at shop and be online wow!!!!

I was always sceptical about going over to 3 network - often heard bad reports about signal etc.

However my nephew works for them and proved to me that you can get a signal in tunnels etc and places i cant with my current provider.

So have changed to 3 network as from beginning of june. Managed to get my phone and get my account deferred until next month - so a good start.
I have just got the Nokia E71 on 3 with FREE 3 to 3 calls, FREE skype calls and FREE internet ( fair usage policy - which is far more than any other network) all for only £20 per month with 200 mins and unlimited texts

im currently using a 3 PAYG sim so i can access planet 3 and use my FREE Skype to Skype and i have linked it up to my WLAN at home so i can play with the handset.
Its the Free internet that made me change as other networks charge like £7.50 per month again with fair usage policy which again does not compare to the 3 fup where you get much more.

According to my nephew no one has yet gone over the limit that they set so no one has been charged for internet access.

So its all still new to me until my contract goes live - but so far its got my vote!

my other half linny went with their 3 mobile internet,shes with them 2 months the bank messed up on the direct debit payment shes tied to a contract with them 18 months i think but in the week before she managed to get to the bank to sort it out she was bombarded with phone calls from 3 and not very polite ones she was annoyed with that so she said they can wait for their money next thing a letter in the door saying that if she didnt pay she would also have to pay i think it was 294 euro as a default on the contract so shes tied to them but believe me they are horrible people to deal with,shes moving to 02 when this contract runs out.

ouch! that does not sound good! I have heard that they can be nasty - one of the rumours id heard, but surly its down to the bank and for them to sort out and any default payments again id blame the bank!

yea she had a few words with the bank got it sorted but in the interim 3 were nasty people to deal with.

did she get any apology once the bank sorted it out - you would expect at least that from them for good customer relations as they have had a bad rep in the past!

she was dealing with a representative from a call centre in India or some place like that, honestly not very nice and very pushy etc ,she was more or less demanding give me your credit card details over the phone etc herself refused saying i will get my bank to sort it etc.

I'm a pay as you go customer so would'nt have those kind of probs, but my friend had the same probs when her direct debit was messed up, but I suppose we all want our money, I'd complain to the bank if they messed up :) mind you theres no room for rudeness either on threes behalf, not good customer service.

OMG what a liberty! id try n go to your local shop and complain at how the call centre treated her. Thats he problem with call centres they tend to be in every other country but the one your in and it can be hard to understand their english

Totally agree linny,i work for ups and sometimes i may have to ring the call centre for a customer even though the call centre is in Dublin(and im going to try and be politicly correct here so as not offend anyone) i would have to literally hang up at times as the person on the other end well its like this i just wouldn't be able to understand them and i know its not their fault but unfortunately i would hang up at times then ring back and hopefully get someone else.

yes i understand - shame we have to " play with words" due to P C but it does get frustrating when they dotn havea clue what your trying to say, or you just cant understand what they are saying in return. It makes for a long call ----------------- Mind you thats probably why they do it lol coz its costs more!

VM are the same contact them with a broadband problem and someone in another country is trying to sort out a problem over the phone - and enginer would be quicker and cheaper!

Last edited:
Just managed to cancell my 3 contract without termination charge due to them ending the "3 Like Home, where in half a dozen countrys you can use your phone and it comes out of your inclusive minutes.
Still had 11 months to go on a £30, 750 mins and 225 texts, of to Vodafone or O2 now, on there sim only deals, £20 600 minutes unlimited texts. Vodafone are the favorites at the moment as they have just abolished their EU roaming, so again when you are abroad it comes out of your monthly allowance :woo:

i think now that 2 companies have abolished roaming fees the rest will follow. But surly with 3 if you took out that contract they should honour it to the end of your contract.

i think now that 2 companies have abolished roaming fees the rest will follow. But surly with 3 if you took out that contract they should honour it to the end of your contract.

Funny thing is Linny they had it on their website as being a promotion, which they could end when they wanted, but sent out a text with a link in it saying that as it was a change to your t&c's you had the right to cancel without an early termination fee which is the road that i went down.
Not sure what your nephews take on its is, maybe you could ask.

yes i will do next time i talk to him. Hes just finished his 3 month probation i think. Ill get him to join and read the comments - lol.

At least you got out of it. Mines not actually started yet as i deferred it for 1 month. Starts on 9th June. Like all compaines there are good and bad, sometimes its the staff sometimes just the company they work for. I will be glad to come away from T mobile that much i do know as my service is rank. i get limited or no service more now than i did a while ago, and i know the signal on 3 is excellent in this area - but will have to wait n see

yes i will do next time i talk to him. Hes just finished his 3 month probation i think. Ill get him to join and read the comments - lol.

At least you got out of it. Mines not actually started yet as i deferred it for 1 month. Starts on 9th June. Like all compaines there are good and bad, sometimes its the staff sometimes just the company they work for. I will be glad to come away from T mobile that much i do know as my service is rank. i get limited or no service more now than i did a while ago, and i know the signal on 3 is excellent in this area - but will have to wait n see

The one thing i did'nt have a problem with 3 was the signal, always seemed to be very strong in Edinburgh.

Well thats me sorted, £20 to unlock and flash my N95 8 Gig, Vodafone sim only in to it, 600 mins unlimited texts and no charges for phoning home from abroad (for the time being lol) :rock on:

Back