Guide A Guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2023

Teddy Bass

Hey, can someone write one! The currently pinned guide is from 2021 and I'm keen to buy one but I'm finding it difficult to find information in this forum.

Hey, can someone write one! The currently pinned guide is from 2021 and I'm keen to buy one but I'm finding it difficult to find information in this forum.

People will be able to recommend a device if you let them know what your requirements are.

What would you like the device to do? Is it purely for running iptv or do you want to use it for other streaming apps like iplayer, Netflix, prime etc?

What's your budget?

What devices have you owned previously and what's your likes/dislikes about them?

People will be able to recommend a device if you let them know what your requirements are.

What would you like the device to do? Is it purely for running iptv or do you want to use it for other streaming apps like iplayer, Netflix, prime etc?

What's your budget?

What devices have you owned previously and what's your likes/dislikes about them?
I'd be looking to mostly watch IPTV but would quite like to have access to the range of other streaming apps, Plex, iPlayer, 4OD and the like. I've currently got a Firestick (regular not 4K) but, as you are all obviously, aware, it has limited storage. I'm also wary of being 'watched' by Amazon. I'd like to get something for under £100.

Oh, and Bluetooth would be handy for when the missus goes to bed and shouts at me to turn the telly down or put my headphones on!

I'd be looking to mostly watch IPTV but would quite like to have access to the range of other streaming apps, Plex, iPlayer, 4OD and the like. I've currently got a Firestick (regular not 4K) but, as you are all obviously, aware, it has limited storage. I'm also wary of being 'watched' by Amazon. I'd like to get something for under £100.

Oh, and Bluetooth would be handy for when the missus goes to bed and shouts at me to turn the telly down or put my headphones on!

You'll probably be able to get a Nvidia Shield (tube version) for around £100 in a black Friday sale, doesn't have 4od but does everything else you've listed. Don't be put off by the fact it's been out since 2019, it receives regular updates.

I don't have any personal experience of the mecool boxes Jamie mentions but have heard good things about them.

Apple 4k with tivimax app (straight copy of tivimate for iOS)

And the new mecool looks interesting the km2+ deluxe fully certified by Google 4gb DDR4 ram 32gb storage.
agreed or even the chromecast with tvimate on it if a provider he finds allows it.
I should add, that I'd rather stick with Android. I don't have any Apple products in my house.
You could just get the newer version firestick and have everything you want on it.
We will all have a preference/say on device but who would be using the device so would you want the remote to be very user friendly so everyone can work it without been shouted constantly lol.
You'll probably be able to get a Nvidia Shield (tube version) for around £100 in a black Friday sale, doesn't have 4od but does everything else you've listed. Don't be put off by the fact it's been out since 2019, it receives regular updates.

I don't have any personal experience of the mecool boxes Jamie mentions but have heard good things about them.
should be quite a few devices on sale with Black Friday all been well

There are those buzz sticks if you like traditional remote not sure if they have Bluetooth Bazz will tell you.

You can get them off forum sponsor I think you get a discount could be worth a look. Chromecast on offer at the moment could be a good buy. If your supplier has tivimate app win win

agreed or even the chromecast with tvimate on it if a provider he finds allows it.

You could just get the newer version firestick and have everything you want on it.
We will all have a preference/say on device but who would be using the device so would you want the remote to be very user friendly so everyone can work it without been shouted constantly lol.

should be quite a few devices on sale with Black Friday all been well
It doesn't look like those hoped-for Black Friday deals have come to pass.

Would be very suicidal for them. A massive percentage of those with firesticks have them for IPTV. I use nothing but IPTV on mine.
I think they are trying to move away from people using them for iptv. They probably have enough customers on prime to not worry.

Would be very suicidal for them. A massive percentage of those with firesticks have them for IPTV. I use nothing but IPTV on mine.
I imagine amazon aren't best pleased with their device being synonymous with illegal streaming. They won't miss the sales either.

I imagine amazon aren't best pleased with their device being synonymous with illegal streaming. They won't miss the sales either.
I would also think they have more than enough people who buy firesticks and do use official apps available from amazon store and obviously they will be ported over to new OS

Back