Guide A Guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2023

Plus they will probably add some advertising to bring in revenue. Maybe app store more like Google. They have the core audience already using the device.

I've been using a 1st gen Fire Stick 4k, but it's getting slow these days, so I'm replacing it along with replacing a some even older non 4k Fire Sticks. Picked up few different devices instead Fire Stick Max's. Was a little reluctant on splashing out for the Shield, but looking forward to testing it for the main TV. The others are the Chrome Cast and the Mi Box S 2nd gen (read some mixed things on this), will try remember to report back after testing.

As far as IPTV apps go I've an ancient 2015 Sony Android TV which is incredibly slow, but Tivimate runs like butter on it, so much so I wonder if I needed a new box. Other apps are dreadful on it though, so thats my justification :tearsofjoy:.

Have a Shield Pro and a Chromecast and to be honest both do the job fine. I use Tivimate for IPTV, Kodi and YouTube for other stuff with NordVpn running in the background all the time on both.
Picture is better quality on the Shield which is used on a bigger TV in the living room, but the difference isn't really that much , me being picky there, its absolutely fine on the Chromecast.
I did have to move my router closer to the Chromecast initially as I was getting buffering all the time due to a weak wireless signal, the Shield was always wired so never any issues there. Maybe something to consider. I think you can get dongles that allow you to connect network cable to the Chromecast but I've never tried that, no need to now anyhow

Back