Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows XP A Video Tutorial On How To Format Your Computer And Re-Install WIndows Xp

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
This is a video tutorial that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to format (delete everything) and re-install windows xp on your computer. You will need a genuine copy of windows xp on hand, a genuine windows xp serial number, and your computer will need to have the bios set to boot from cd-rom, which most computers are already set up this way anyway. This video is not mine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cop_am1WM[/ame]

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Make sure you have all your drivers available too.

Windows XP is great but it won't install all your device drivers on a clean install.

Looking for drivers has to be one of the biggest pains in the *** so it would be prudent to backup all your drivers before carrying out a clean install.

You can use a free program called DriverMax to backup your drivers.

Download:

-

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
looking for drivers has to be one of the biggest pains in the *** so it would be prudent to backup all your drivers before carrying out a clean install.
very, very important couldn't have put it better

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
wowdidnt realise it was quite that simple to do yourself. last time i had mine done a few years ago i took it to a pc shop and they charged mea fortune.

now ive got a freind that is gonna do mine for me plus he is gonna add extra RAM all for a beer lol!