ABM and Freeview Issues

Drox

TK Veteran
I installed ABM on an Octagon SF8008. I am having issues with some of the freebie channels.

I have set up Sutton Coldfield as my region in ABM. But, some channels like Radio 5 live are not working. However, when I do a manual scan for CH 43, Radio 5 Live scans and works fine.

I assume its a case that ABM is maybe not updated for my region, i.e. it is showing Radio 5 Live at a frequency other than CH 43. Is there anyway quick way for me to update that or should I edit the custom mix file?

Thanks

I installed ABM on an Octagon SF8008. I am having issues with some of the freebie channels.

I have set up Sutton Coldfield as my region in ABM. But, some channels like Radio 5 live are not working. However, when I do a manual scan for CH 43, Radio 5 Live scans and works fine.

I assume its a case that ABM is maybe not updated for my region, i.e. it is showing Radio 5 Live at a frequency other than CH 43. Is there anyway quick way for me to update that or should I edit the custom mix file?

Thanks
Update provider files.
Not sure what you mean, ch43?
My BBC R5L is on Ch 705
Ch43 is HGTV

Option 1:
Use the Frequency finder in ABM. It will create a new provider to use in ABM. Do not use the official Terrestrial provider, use the newly created one.

Option 2:
Do not use ABM for Freeview. Install Terrestrial scan plugin and use that instead.
Tried the frequency finder first. It said no terrestrial multiplexes found.

Then I tried the terrestrial scan. It ran through. But as it was running, it didn’t find any unique transponders. There’s no new bouquet either unfortunately.

Which tuner module? (there will be a name/model in tuner config)
Which image? (please don't say latest, give version/date)

Edit:
Can you also post a screenshot of Menu, information, devices

Open ATV 6.4 without any build - date is
20th March 2021
Octagon SF8008 Twin with the USB Xbox DVB-T2 tuner

Using the USB Xbox turn for freeview

F30413C4-6AEC-4929-B3DA-E0225BBE237D.jpeg

26B94957-1902-4156-86B1-D7C93046402B.jpeg

Okay, that might be an issue. The xbox usb tuner always shows a zero/nil signal quality or strength. Those two items/programs check for highest value, so won't use 0 values.

I can probably update the ABM provider files and add the custom frequencies for you.

Do you have another receiver with a hybrid/Terrestrial tuner?

Do you know exactly which frequenies/uhf channels you need for your area/mast?

If you use automatic scan (not using ABM), do you get all the channels? Do they all work?

Does your image have a lamedb5 in etc/enigma2?

Do you know exactly which frequenies/uhf channels you need for your area/mast?

If you use automatic scan (not using ABM), do you get all the channels? Do they all work?

Does your image have a lamedb5 in etc/enigma2?

I’ll delete the bouquet and do a non-abm automatic scan to check tomorrow, to see if it has all the channels.

Just checked, the lamedb5 file is there.

Is there anyway on the box to show the frequency or the UHF channel for a terrestrial channel?

Is there anyway on the box to show the frequency or the UHF channel for a terrestrial channel?
Yes, but this is skin dependent. You will see the details in the service/channel list, not bouquets.

Just deleting bouquets won't help as the services will still be in lamedb. Enigma2 does not scan like TVs. ABM reads more than scans.

I think it will be best for you to flash Vix/PLI in one of the other slots of your receiver. When you are in the image, do not use ABM at all for freeview. change the setting "ignore dvb namaespace subnet) to no. Then scan. check all the services to ensure they work. You will have to use the service list/orbital method of channel selection instead of bouquets.

I never updated sutton coldfield properly as people on the other forum keeps mixing up how abm works with enigma2 scans. Every single flaming time. We might need to do the same thing as Manchester if there are different petals.

On your current image,

1. Remove services

Press Up (next to OK) on your remote.
Press the Green Button (Text may say Satellites, Extended or Simple).
Press up/down to highlight Terrestrial services
Press down and highlight "Remove selected satellite", " Remove cable services" or "Remove terrestrial services"
Then press OK and confirm the removal

Unzip then transfer this xml file to /etc/enigma2

3. Reboot box

4. Set up Terrestrial tuner again. Select "Dr Box...."

It will have
<!-- Ch 39 -->
<!-- Ch 40 (HD) -->
<!-- Ch 42 -->
<!-- Ch 43 -->
<!-- Ch 45 -->
<!-- Ch 46 -->
<!-- Ch 51 -->
<!-- Ch 55 -->

5. Check customize menu and see if you can disable ignore dvb namespace subnet. Do not worry if you don't have it.

6. Perform a manual/complete scan on the USB tuner

7. Restart after it completes

8. Check all terrestrial services using the service list. ( just really need you to check one from each transponder, not every channel) Report back findings

EDIT:
If all OK, please upload your lamedb/lamedb5 files.

Attachments

• terrestrial.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 6
For Step 4, where do I select Dr Box?

And for Step 5, where’s the customise menu?

Back